F22 auto tranny to H22A J-spec

djgrizzam

i've got a 1990 honda accord, and i just found an h22a j-spec engine for hella cheap. only problem is my accord is an auto. Can you bolt an f22 automatic tranny up to an h22a engine? i've heard arguements both ways, so. And i'd like the keep it automatic cause i plan on putting in a turbo sooner or later. If anyone knows, can u suggest an auto tranny to hook up to it if the f22 wont work?

the main reason i want the auto for a turbo, and i've talked to a lot of ppl about this, is the fact that when it shifts, the turbo wont have to respool. with a stick u have to let off the gas and the the turbo has to reset. i seriously doubt that i'll put a turbo in it before i get a new car though. it's just a possibility. oh, and dont worry, i can drive the hell out of a stick... and i fkn smoke ppl with my auto. ya just have to know how to drive it.

Well, I heard the same thing when a heated arguement between automatic vs. manual turbos came up: automatics don't respool. Anyhow, that maybe the only advantage for Honda automatics, cause if you run hard your tranny will fall apart. You can always get an oil cooler for your tranny to help prevent it from falling apart...

• 1 month later...
so then, explain why auto TT supras are quicker than manual TT supras in the 1320.

Automatic transmissions shift faster than manual transmissions. Once built, the manual tranny would would win.

Archived