Turbo?

durden

Alright, I just got a 91 crx si...pretty nice shape

Just wondering if it is possible/smart to turbo the stock engine (high-school student so i'm on a budget here) or wait and get an engine swap (b16 sounds good, maybe even turbo that way down the line)

I know i would have to replace some parts for it to handle the turbo... but is it worth it?

Also does anyone know what kinda HP you would be putting out with an average turbo (i dunno what psi)

Thanks

*helpful comments will be well appreciated

my advice would be to do a lot of research and decide from there. i, personally, don't think its worth turboing your stock engine...so save up your money for either A) a newer car, or B) a engine swap.

turboing a b16 will be a lot better than turboing the stock crx engine....d15?

average turbo kits run 7-8psi, and thats about all the engine could handle.

high school student, hmm.. 91 CRx Si..its the heaviest year, but still lighter then compared to civics and integra, just do a B-series DOHC swap and you'll run quicker than most out there :ninja:, and around that time think if you want to go boosting or n/a..which ever seems to be the most impressive to you w00t

Archived