Clunks over bumps!

Chrannste

UGH! My 2002 Honda Civic Ex clunks and rattles a bit when I drive over bumps or uneven ground, it seems it's gradually getting worse, and I've been procrastinating getting it looked at, fearing how much I may end up paying to fix it... It's a standard transmission and I know very little about cars so I have no idea what it could be and how much I may be looking at to fix it. Or even if it's something I have to fix right away, or just an annoyance.

I seem to feel it more in the front under my feet, but I can kinda hear it towards the back of the car too, mainly towards the left side in the back.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks!

Blown shock(s) most likely.

And yes it will cost you a lot of $. At least a couple hundred depending if you want to replace in pairs or all 4, and whether you want to go aftermarket or OEM.

Sometimes the clunking is caused by bushings that have rotted away or dried up.

In any case most of the exhaust/suspension type auto repair shops will give you a free inspection and quote. You can always get that quote and post yor findings here and we can weigh in on the plausibility and pricing of the quote they gave you.

UGH! My 2002 Honda Civic Ex clunks and rattles a bit when I drive over bumps or uneven ground, it seems it's gradually getting worse, and I've been procrastinating getting it looked at, fearing how much I may end up paying to fix it... It's a standard transmission and I know very little about cars so I have no idea what it could be and how much I may be looking at to fix it. Or even if it's something I have to fix right away, or just an annoyance.

I seem to feel it more in the front under my feet, but I can kinda hear it towards the back of the car too, mainly towards the left side in the back.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks!

i to have the same problem sept i cant feel it under my feet, but its coming from the left rear wheel i do think its the shocks and bushings going out

similar problem i do believe so as the ppl above said go to a shop and ask for a quote and inspection

Another thing not previously noted for you others to check: All of the small hondas I have owned have a tendency to cause the rear trailing arm bolts to back out. This allows just enough play in the bracket that it clunks going over bumps. A line of lock tight and a good torquing remedied my resident clunk for good.

Archived