Forged v. shotpeened

civi93ex

i like shotpeened, internals because they are stronger but you can still run a tighter piston to wall clearance than with forged parts, please lets keep the hatin down

Dude, you're stupid. Forged parts are stronger than shotpeened.

you get your rods forged cause yes they are stronger, but like i said before in the engine swap you can run a tighter piston to wall clearance with shotpeened pistons, do you even know what shotpeening is

1. Shotpeening is where the part is blated by tiny metal spheres to make the surface of the part harder and able to hold more power.

2. Shotpeening pistons will not do jack squat for piston to wall clearances.

3. You are the biggest dumb fawk I know.

i know shotpeening will not do anything for piston to wall clearances, but forged parts will change your piston to wall clearances

1. Then why say it does?

2. No it won't

3. Suht up until you know what you're talking about.

i said you can run tighter piston to wall clearance with shotpeened pistons that you can with forged parts, i do know what i am talking about, forged parts expand when they get hot so you cant run as tight piston to wall clearances because they will expand and you will get a seized piston, shotpeened pistons are cast so they dont expand

i said you can run tighter piston to wall clearance with shotpeened pistons that you can with forged parts, i do know what i am talking about, forged parts expand when they get hot so you cant run as tight piston to wall clearances because they will expand and you will get a seized piston, shotpeened pistons are cast so they dont expand

1. You can't determine what piston to wall clearance you going to run.

2. No you don't.

3. Everything expands when it gets hot.

what ever you want to think you can think that, because your the one in special ed, me in my ap classes will just bow down to you, because you know everything, forging is not a way to make engine parts you make the parts then you forge them, one member on this forum said that he can forge his own engine parts why dont you ask him

civi93ex, you are the most retarded person on this entire website.

yes, forged pistons expand. all metal does. what are the block sleeves made out of again? oh yeah, METAL. the pistons will expand just as much as the sleeves will, and the cylinder wall clearance will stay in spec regardless of the temperature.

you make the parts then you forge them

that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard in my life. do you know what forged means? forged pistons are pressed out of a solid block of aluminum. you don't "make them first" (whatever that means). there is no casting or melting involved in making forged parts.

when someones throat swells it is getting bigger, then how does someones throught swell shut????

Ok moron, I'll make this easy for you to understand.

You know the space between the sleeves and the block? Thats where the swelling "goes" to.

When you get a swollen throat, your neck can't expand outwards like that, so it swells to the inside.

when you blow up an inner tube, does the space in the middle get bigger or smaller, it will expand in all directions

Because an inner tube has elasticity therefore the inside can stretch. Sleeves do not have elasticity, so they only move outwards. They expand because there is more heat in them than they can hold. The heat can't be transfered anymore into the pistons because they are heatsoaked, so it moves to outside of the sleeves.

if metal doesnt have elasticity then hoe does a spring work??? different metals depending on how they are formed expand at different temperatures, and if it is going to expand it will expand in all directions

A spring works due to it's shape.

alright go to autozone, get a dent puller for 1.99 and stick it to your door and pull watch the metal pull out with the puller then let it go and the metal goes back,

i was reveiwing some materials the other day and i read the cast parts are the least expansive but, the only thing the tighter piston to wall clearance gives you is better oil life and doesnt damage the rings as muchAll materials whether solid, liquid or gas possess elasticity of volume.

http://marr.bsee.swin.edu.au/~dtl/het408/u...ound/node2.html

go to that site and check it out

Archived