Air bags

BigBirdSucks

yeah, so, the airbags are coming out of my del sol. I'm gonna get a Grant steering wheel, but what do I do about the huge hole in the dash on the passenger side? I was thinking some fiberglass work could be in store, but what could I put there? any ideas would be wonderful.

its illegal to take any part of your srs system out...passenger side included.

are you going to ruin the stock one when you take if off or something? i mean, why not just put the stock one back on that way it looks like you haven't messed with it.

btw, why are you taking them out? huh

I don't know 'bout the "legalities" in your area. I understand loosin' the Driver's side bag if your getting one of those PS2-type steering wheels, but why carve up the passenger's bag cover??? Are you "really really sure" you will never go back to the stock wheel???

If you just can't stand not yanking the passenger-side bag and cover,.. I would french-in a portable DVD-unit into the new dash-cavern. Foam it for height, so the top of the DVD-unit (screen down) matches the surface contour of the dash lines. Then cover the whole dash and top of the DVD-unit with custom cloth, making the air bag rectangle disappear. Cut the cloth around the DVD-unit, tucking the edges. The smaller rectangle now seen on the dash would then be a fold-up DVD screen.

My Two Cents,

The HillBilly Honda-Dad

that's a good idea. I don't know. I guess I'm still deciding on the passenger side, but my steering wheel is definately coming off. I've had a friends get hurt in minor wrecks from airbags, a friend's mom actually lost hearing in one ear due to her air bag. when I get my civic on the road again, I'm not gonna drive the del sol too much, so, yeah.

hey, its your car...you do what you want. a lot of people ditch their stock steering wheels for aftermarket ones and they're obviously not getting pulled over left and right for it. but just remember that if you do get pulled over for a small ticket like speeding or something then the cop can decide to be an butthead and also write you up for tampering/removing with your srs system.

hey, its your car...you do what you want. a lot of people ditch their stock steering wheels for aftermarket ones and they're obviously not getting pulled over left and right for it. but just remember that if you do get pulled over for a small ticket like speeding or something then the cop can decide to be an butthead and also write you up for tampering/removing with your srs system.

i'm sure it becomes an insurance issue also

Archived