HELP ME PLEASE WhAT IS WRONG WITH MY MOTOR

So tonght i got my car fixed and was getting on the interstate and clutch kicked first and hit second but when i went into third i hit first and over reved and i have no rev limiter after my car wont idle runs like crap misses but has no knock or tic it purs any ideas maybe timing belt skipped or plug fouled or anything please help me out here and keep in my i hit first and sixty mph but dont think i bent the valves considering it runs so let me know your input or if this has ever happend to you thanks

use punctuation son, it makes our lives easier.

so what i got is you went from the top of 2nd to first at 60mph and over revved it? sounds like a valve issue. only way to know for sure is open it up

so what i got is you went from the top of 2nd to first at 60mph and over revved it? sounds like a valve issue. only way to know for sure is open it up

ya i bent the fourth clinder intaki valve know anyone with a head ?

Like this:

So tonght i got my car fixed and was getting on the interstate and clutch kicked first and hit second but when i went into third i hit first and over reved and i have no rev limiter after my car wont idle runs like crap misses but has no knock or tic it purs any ideas maybe timing belt skipped or plug fouled or anything please help me out here and keep in my i hit first and sixty mph but dont think i bent the valves considering it runs so let me know your input or if this has ever happend to you thanks

So, tonght [after] I got my car fixed and was getting on the interstate, [the] clutch kicked first and hit second, but when I went into third I [mis-shifted back into] first and over reved. [Now], I have no rev limiter and my car won't idle. [it] runs like crap, misses, but has no knock or tic; it purs. Any ideas? Maybe, [the] timing belt skipped, [a] plug fouled, or [something]. Please help me out here. Keep in [mind that] I [mis-shifted back into] first [at] 60mph. I don't think I bent the valves considering it runs. So, let me know your input, or if this has ever happend to you. Thanks.

ya i bent the fourth clinder intaki valve know anyone with a head ?

Yeah, I bent a 4th cylinder intake valve. Know anyone with head?

I like the part where you know what is not wrong with it before you pull off the valve cover. Good luck removing the head.

this is incorrect. there is a way to tell without opening it up. its called a compression test , which should be his first step. if it still runs , when you overrev these engines and they happen to bend valves , its always exhaust valves. the fact it still runs leads me to believe is not all cylinders with bent valves , assuming this is the problem. and depending on the damage , you may not need a new head at all. you simply buy new valves , tear the old ones out , reseat new ones and away you go. if the seats are badly damaged , than you can look for a head.

dont run the engine anymore , will hurt it more. compression test it , go from there.

this is incorrect. there is a way to tell without opening it up. its called a compression test , which should be his first step. if it still runs , when you overrev these engines and they happen to bend valves , its always exhaust valves. the fact it still runs leads me to believe is not all cylinders with bent valves , assuming this is the problem. and depending on the damage , you may not need a new head at all. you simply buy new valves , tear the old ones out , reseat new ones and away you go. if the seats are badly damaged , than you can look for a head.

dont run the engine anymore , will hurt it more. compression test it , go from there.

eh, i was half right, you'd have to open it up to replace the valve(s) anyway

^not trying to get on your case, but as cranny said, what you said was incorrent...a compression test tells a lot! That's why I tell people to do a compression test on a car they are really interested to buy! It's a smart move imo.

^not trying to get on your case, but as cranny said, what you said was incorrent...a compression test tells a lot! That's why I tell people to do a compression test on a car they are really interested to buy! It's a smart move imo.

yeah yeah i should have known that too >_<

Archived