Ok now i really need help.

Clippersfan86

So my 02 EX civic is not going to be traded. I'm gonna have to stick with it for probably 1-2 years. So my question is.. If i plan on modding the car.. besides basic bolt ons.. you guys recommend a K series swap for the D17? That or a turbo. I basically got from you guys that even though a turbo can still be reliable.. best bet is ditching the D17 motor anyways? Is there a cheaper engine than a K series that will work and still make decent power?

Bottom line is you do not own a car the is "easy" to work with. The car was significantly heavier then the previous generations and the styling was not overwhelmingly popular. There is aftermarket support for it, but not nearly as much as with other years and models.

A K swap really is impractical unless you have two vehicles so you can drive the spare while you work the bugs out of the project and a lot of spare cash to spend. If you are not trading in the car that tells me you probably do not have the money just laying around. Seems like installing a small turbo setup may be your best bet for a faster car without spending a pile.

So my 02 EX civic is not going to be traded. I'm gonna have to stick with it for probably 1-2 years. So my question is.. If i plan on modding the car.. besides basic bolt ons.. you guys recommend a K series swap for the D17? That or a turbo. I basically got from you guys that even though a turbo can still be reliable.. best bet is ditching the D17 motor anyways? Is there a cheaper engine than a K series that will work and still make decent power?

do a b16/b18 swap. quickest top and bottom end combo motor.

K series is the only option for 7th gens , and they are NOT significantly heavier than other gens , not heavier at all actually.

K series is the only option for 7th gens , and they are NOT significantly heavier than other gens , not heavier at all actually.

He is right about the K. Ignore that random dude telling you to do a B swap.

This is probably the first time EVER that I get to argue a point with cran and I might even be right!

95 ex 2dr 2443 lbs

00 ex 2dr 2359 lbs

05 ex 2dr 2579 lbs

All with matching 5-speeds and default ex options. Maybe not significantly heavier, but 200 lbs heavier then the generation directly before it.

Archived