driving car sputtered drove alittle further then died

prophet

92 prelude (my wifes car not mine) she started the car this morning it cranked fine (mind you there was no CEL on at all allday) then i took her to work but i shut the car off then when i tried to crank it back up it didnt want to start so i waited about five min then it started. i left started driving on regular city roads about 45 mph for about an hour or so after picking up a friend and we come to this red light were sitting there for about five min then start going again while i was hitting the gas not mashing it or trying to push it just normal the car like sputtered as if it just stopped getting gas altogether... then id say about 10 miles down the road we come to another red light and it just dies altogether try cranking it but it just keeps going like it doesnt want to turn over and start up... it will make a sound like it wants to crank but then it just sputters like it has no life in it... MIND YOU THERE IS NO CEL AT ALL BEING DISPLAYED THROUGH ALL OF THIS EVEN NOW AFTER THIS HAPPENED... took the car to get the codes pulled if there was any it says there is nothing wrong with the car.... so dont be an ass just give me what the first second or third could be wrong with the car.... so far i think it has somewhat to deal with the starter... but give me some ideas not did you pull the codes bs :help: :help: :rant:

give me some ideas not did you pull the codes bs

you probably would have gotten some anwsers sooner if you didnt come off as rude

anyway.. check the alternator, battery connections, also check your ground and if you havent done a tune up in a while i would

or check the fuel pump and distributor(make sure you getting spark)

i could be going in the complete wrong direction but I tried

hey thanks for your suggestions... i was pissed at the time because i went to three different mechanics and they couldnt do crap for me...

well i was just taking things apart and came across the problem apparently it was the distributor hope thats spelled right... but yeah it was 139.48 for the part and it takes about 20 minutes to fix so if anyone has questions i can walk you through it....

Archived