clutch proplem

semperfijjd

i have just replaced the tranmission in my 92 honda acord and i put dot 3 fluid in the clutch and bleed it . it worked fine but the peddle was still kinda low . if it sits for a little bit the clutch will go all the way to the floor and it will not allow me to shift into gear. i checked for leaks and there are none. could it be that i need a different type of fluid? o and the car had sat w/out a tranny in it for about 2 months? Please someone help me .

Did you bleed it enough I'm wondering?

Yes but what i did was try to bleed the system but the peddal kept sticking to the floor. i think i jacked up the master cylinder .

Yes but what i did was try to bleed the system but the peddal kept sticking to the floor. i think i jacked up the master cylinder .

Depending on what you replaced, it could take a lot of pumps to get all of the air out. Best method I've found is to stick a clear plastic tube on the end of the bleeder screw and place the other end of the tube in a container of brake fluid, leave the bleeder screw open and just pump the crap out of it until no air bubbles come out. I replaced my clutch MC and used this method and it worked.

Your master cylinder is fine. The clutch will stick to the floor every time you pump it to bleed it. You'll have to pull it back up manually. Once you're no longer spitting bubbles at the slave, try pushing the clutch without bleeding. It should come back up on it's own.

Archived