boosting b16a questions

rx7turbo287

i have a crx with b16a y1 LSD running pr3 obd0. i planned on putting on turbo around beginning sep.

i only have 2000 to spent at that time for the turbo. between now till sep, i can able to get few part on it. i was wanting bolt on blox racing manifold, converting to obd 1 (socketed p28 or p30, not sure) and 255 walbro.

i only want to run 6lbs till i have it tune then 8lb.

i looking at ebay turbo cost 900bucks i get pretty much everything i needed. the turbo t3/t4, i thought about not using the turbo off that kit, and run big 16g off 4g63. well at lot becuz i have heard ebay turbo come apart. but i'm not sure if they still do now. also during that time i also going to get a hondata s200 or s300. not sure which. i m not plan on running anything over 8lbs and this car need to be daily driven and i don't want to change my engine to b18 or lsvtec anything like that just b16a with 8lbs to be realiable daily car. i don't get on my car much. may be once or twice a week that i will.

right now i have on my car, basic I E H with itr flywheel, act clutch and adjustable cam gear in a 1990 crx si running 15inch falken hannabi. i also will run dsm injector at that time too. i thought about NA it, but i think for that amount of money i will get most gain with turbo. my goal is to be around low 13s high 12s.

the most part that will cost me is the hondata. i'm not really want to run the best out there, i just want to able to reach my goal and be able not to blow up my motor. after the set up i will take it to get it dyno tune. any suggestion? what u guys think i should run on ecu tuning?? i heard of chrome and some other name i don't remeber thats not expensive. what ecu to use p28 or p30?? thx

i have a crx with b16a y1 LSD running pr3 obd0. i planned on putting on turbo around beginning sep.

i only have 2000 to spent at that time for the turbo. between now till sep, i can able to get few part on it. i was wanting bolt on blox racing manifold, converting to obd 1 (socketed p28 or p30, not sure) and 255 walbro.

i only want to run 6lbs till i have it tune then 8lb.

i looking at ebay turbo cost 900bucks i get pretty much everything i needed. the turbo t3/t4, i thought about not using the turbo off that kit, and run big 16g off 4g63. well at lot becuz i have heard ebay turbo come apart. but i'm not sure if they still do now. also during that time i also going to get a hondata s200 or s300. not sure which. i m not plan on running anything over 8lbs and this car need to be daily driven and i don't want to change my engine to b18 or lsvtec anything like that just b16a with 8lbs to be realiable daily car. i don't get on my car much. may be once or twice a week that i will.

right now i have on my car, basic I E H with itr flywheel, act clutch and adjustable cam gear in a 1990 crx si running 15inch falken hannabi. i also will run dsm injector at that time too. i thought about NA it, but i think for that amount of money i will get most gain with turbo. my goal is to be around low 13s high 12s.

the most part that will cost me is the hondata. i'm not really want to run the best out there, i just want to able to reach my goal and be able not to blow up my motor. after the set up i will take it to get it dyno tune. any suggestion? what u guys think i should run on ecu tuning?? i heard of chrome and some other name i don't remeber thats not expensive. what ecu to use p28 or p30?? thx

ebay turbo=junk. try www.blueridgemotorsports. they have some autoworks turbo kits for 1800 and up

They're junk because they use knock-off components. It's your money, but don't come back to us crying because your $900 turbo kit failed in a month and took your motor with it.

Why buy a turbo kit only to not use the turbo with it? Seems like a fail to me. Best bet save your money and buy a real kit or peice together your own. Buying used quality parts never hurt anyone. My buddy has peiced together a kit that rivals say greddy's complete kit for less than $1000, including injectors, fuel pump, and s300 for tuning. All used but all that for $1000 compared to $3000-$4000+

well, i aint gonna cry if it take my motor with ebay kit. if it blow i just get another motor, but i done some research and i m out on the ebay kit. there's few right up about the kit and nothing good about it.

well is 2000 i'm working with or i just have to look into something else.

lets go from scratch. i looking at 14g cause its great for low boost set up on dsm. i have a big16g ported and clip on my dsm and running 14lb and really like it. also i'm look at other like t3. what kind turbo you guys thinking be good with my setup??

manifold?

for intercooler part is the ebay intercooler no good at all?

for waste gate. if i running factory turbo with internal wastegate i be ok. so i think i can leave external off.

oil line there's a company here i can use to build me some line.

boost controller and gauage i can get it locally too.

so come down to is turbo and manifold.

i don't mind used at all. used part is good part to me. if i can get your buddy set up for a grand, yea i 'm in. i just dont' want to build this and have to spend more money to finish the kit.

well, i aint gonna cry if it take my motor with ebay kit. if it blow i just get another motor, but i done some research and i m out on the ebay kit. there's few right up about the kit and nothing good about it.

well is 2000 i'm working with or i just have to look into something else.

lets go from scratch. i looking at 14g cause its great for low boost set up on dsm. i have a big16g ported and clip on my dsm and running 14lb and really like it. also i'm look at other like t3. what kind turbo you guys thinking be good with my setup??

manifold?

for intercooler part is the ebay intercooler no good at all?

for waste gate. if i running factory turbo with internal wastegate i be ok. so i think i can leave external off.

oil line there's a company here i can use to build me some line.

boost controller and gauage i can get it locally too.

so come down to is turbo and manifold.

i don't mind used at all. used part is good part to me. if i can get your buddy set up for a grand, yea i 'm in. i just dont' want to build this and have to spend more money to finish the kit.

If you already have a 14G then that's perfect for you, though I think you mean to say a 14B, which is even better. An eBay intercooler will be fine, but again you should be looking for a DSMer who is upgrading to a FMIC, and you can snag their SMIC for very little. The internal wastegate will be fine as you'll not be approaching the boost levels necessary to upgrade. You won't need a boost controller, in fact you'll have to change the wastegate spring on the existing turbo as their setup for around 12 psi.

what about tuning?? s200? which is good for my setup. i wanted to get n1 pulley, skunk2 man which this turbo setup i putting in. unless s300 is a must to have. local dealer want 500 for s300. i haven't able to come across use one yet.

what about tuning?? s200? which is good for my setup. i wanted to get n1 pulley, skunk2 man which this turbo setup i putting in. unless s300 is a must to have. local dealer want 500 for s300. i haven't able to come across use one yet.

Unfortunately I don't know much about Hondata, I've never tuned a Honda.

Archived