F22B1 Replacement

roverhendrix

Hello i have a 1995 Accord EX with the f22b1 and auto trans. It is in need of a new engine and transmission, and i was wondering is it a straight swap f i got a used engine ifrom a 1997 f22b1, my only thought is that the newer 1997 engine should differ from the 95 is that the 97 should be OBD2,,,any help in this matter would be great

95 should be OBD2 as well. Should be a direct swap.

Is this something specific for accords that you know about? To my knowledge, the standard is that 95 and older is OBD-1 and 96 and newer is OBD-2.

Is this something specific for accords that you know about? To my knowledge, the standard is that 95 and older is OBD-1 and 96 and newer is OBD-2.

94-95 are OBD1, 96-97 are OBD2. With the exception of the 95 V6, those are OBD2.

No, was mainly just guessing as I know in '96 it became mandatory, but some manufacturers had OBD2 cars before '96. I was basing it off the fact that most automakers don't change OBD systems in the middle of a model generation. Apparently I was incorrect.

Hello i have a 1995 Accord EX with the f22b1 and auto trans. It is in need of a new engine and transmission, and i was wondering is it a straight swap f i got a used engine ifrom a 1997 f22b1, my only thought is that the newer 1997 engine should differ from the 95 is that the 97 should be OBD2,,,any help in this matter would be great

i have the same exact car and mine needs a new motor and trans also. your car is actually obd1 it would be such a pain in the a** to wire a obd2 motor into a obd1 car. swaping a obd1 h22a would be easier and you would get alot more power also, atleast thats what im gonna do im just waitin for money to grow on trees first

• 2 months later...

Ok so i recieved my engine I got a f22b from JDM engine Depot. ITs a complete engine and trans with all wiring sensors accesories, etc. I noticed that the only 2 differences between my (original)engine and the one i just bought is that the valve cover on the one i just bought is black whereas the one I had was silver(my understanding is that this means it is an engine from a 94) and it seems to be missing, what i believe is the ECT comming out of the front of the engine next to the exasut manifold(just left of it) and the upper coolant hose runs out of it. The housing for this has a dimple where the senor should go but it is blocked off.

Basically for this swap to work will I need to change over all wiring and sensors, and at very least i would like to leave what I can on the new engine because it is a VERY low mileage engine.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Ok so i recieved my engine I got a f22b from JDM engine Depot. ITs a complete engine and trans with all wiring sensors accesories, etc. I noticed that the only 2 differences between my (original)engine and the one i just bought is that the valve cover on the one i just bought is black whereas the one I had was silver(my understanding is that this means it is an engine from a 94) and it seems to be missing, what i believe is the ECT comming out of the front of the engine next to the exasut manifold(just left of it) and the upper coolant hose runs out of it. The housing for this has a dimple where the senor should go but it is blocked off.

Basically for this swap to work will I need to change over all wiring and sensors, and at very least i would like to leave what I can on the new engine because it is a VERY low mileage engine.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Sorry for any misunderstanding, i was wondering if the ECT issue was normal, and what all DEFINITELY needs to be swapped. Can any harnesses be left alone?

Archived