Installing AC

Stones

Hello all,

I'm new to the Del Sol, but I have an Accord and 2 Civics in my family. I searched the Del Sol threads pretty hard and couldn't find an exact reference so I apologize if this is an old question. Getting ready to purchase a very clean Del Sol with only 101K, but it doesn't have AC. I'm not concerned about effort or expense, just wondering if it's possible to install AC if it didn't come factory installed.

Thank you

Hello all,

I'm new to the Del Sol, but I have an Accord and 2 Civics in my family. I searched the Del Sol threads pretty hard and couldn't find an exact reference so I apologize if this is an old question. Getting ready to purchase a very clean Del Sol with only 101K, but it doesn't have AC. I'm not concerned about effort or expense, just wondering if it's possible to install AC if it didn't come factory installed.

Thank you

When i bought my del sol i came up with the same issue my guess was the condensor froze so they took it all out but i have all the back lines still. But i would not use them due to how much dirty is prolly in them even if u have them sprayed out it still be ruff to use. My suggestion is you dont need ac you have 3 windows in 2 seater car along with the targa top. On 90 degree summer days its not terrible riding around with the 3 windows down but leave the top on for some shade. if not you will be toasted. Its about 3k to put AC in a del sol. Thats with buying everything new. Its hard to find ac from one at a junk yard usually thats already scrapped or the condensor is froze. Good Luck tho.

You could use the a/c components from any fifth gen honda. But I spent my time taking that stuff out. After all it's a convertible and whats the point in window down top off with a/c on? If you want a/c stick with a solid top. Get a hatchback.

Archived