IGNITION COIL HELP!! Plz .....

mrzoot14

hey new here figured this be best place to find an aswer mabey quickly i have a 93 honda accord blew the motor now i took a motor out of a 90 accord left wiring harness from 93 in the car now the issue is that the ignition coils are different in a 90 to 91 the coil is inside the distributer and on the 93 it isnt its bracketed on somewhere outside now i cant figure out where to bracket on this ignition coil on the car any help be great thank you:) would like to finally get the old beast up n running... once again just tryin to find the location to brackewt this on at i though it was somewhere by the passenger strut tower but not sure thanks.

I have a very similar problem with my 97, bought a new cap for it and it came with the external coil wire etc, but it turns out mine has an internal coil, and no one can really tell me what part number I should be looking for with the cap and rotor

I have a very similar problem with my 97, bought a new cap for it and it came with the external coil wire etc, but it turns out mine has an internal coil, and no one can really tell me what part number I should be looking for with the cap and rotor

Go to a Honda dealership and get your ignition parts there. Prices are comparable to anywhere else and you'll get exactly what you need. That's what i did for my internal coil H22.

well the problem is that the accord is not in the US, so I cant actually show what part I need...

I can describe it, but I cant find exactly..

I suspect that despite not having a vtec engine (f20b2) which is very similar to the US spec f22b2, mine has the internal coil on the distributor, whereas the f22b2 doesnt..

very odd

well the problem is that the accord is not in the US, so I cant actually show what part I need...

I can describe it, but I cant find exactly..

I suspect that despite not having a vtec engine (f20b2) which is very similar to the US spec f22b2, mine has the internal coil on the distributor, whereas the f22b2 doesnt..

very odd

The 90-91 Accord had an internal coil i believe on it's F22a.

Archived