clutch won't disengage

fishswimfast

i was driving to wendys and at a red light, the clutch wouldnt disengage. i couldnt change into any gears with the car on but could change gears when car was off except when i started the car, it would bog down and want to move forward. i replaced the slave cylinder and master cylinder and after two days, realized the master cylinder wasnt pumping. put the old one back in, bled it, got pressure back to normal and now there is a drip coming from the m.c. could this be because its a bad m.c. or something in the transmission isnt budging and causing the pressure to build up enough to leak out of the hard line on the m.c. or maybe broken pressure plate or broken spring on clutch. or fork release? i need my car back but i dont want to spend the 250 on entire clutch kit.

well if youre getting a stock replacement clutch kit it wont cost you 250.. i got a stock clutch kit and flywheel replacement for about 180 for both..

i was driving to wendys and at a red light, the clutch wouldnt disengage. i couldnt change into any gears with the car on but could change gears when car was off except when i started the car, it would bog down and want to move forward. i replaced the slave cylinder and master cylinder and after two days, realized the master cylinder wasnt pumping. put the old one back in, bled it, got pressure back to normal and now there is a drip coming from the m.c. could this be because its a bad m.c. or something in the transmission isnt budging and causing the pressure to build up enough to leak out of the hard line on the m.c. or maybe broken pressure plate or broken spring on clutch. or fork release? i need my car back but i dont want to spend the 250 on entire clutch kit.

A dripping MC is a bad MC. I'd replace that first. Mine recently wouldnt disengage, I replaced the MC and it fixed it. Might as well try again with it.

*edit* oh yeah, on the new MC, you may have to adjust the engagement point again on the pedal. If it's not adjusted right, even bled it won't disengage.

my friends car wouldnt disengage also and it was the MC it had a slow leak but the leak was there altogether and when i changed it for him it worked no problems till this day...but when we got the first one i was messed up so check it out before you put it on

Archived