Problem with distributor

DwiZZy

ok my distributor went out the other night so I put my friends on and it ran fine, well I got a new distributor and put it on lastnight but it want start. So I put my friends back on to see if it was just the distributor messing up but no it want start with my friends on there either. Anyone have a clue to why its doing this?

ok my distributor went out the other night so I put my friends on and it ran fine, well I got a new distributor and put it on lastnight but it want start. So I put my friends back on to see if it was just the distributor messing up but no it want start with my friends on there either. Anyone have a clue to why its doing this?

Have you checked for a long or short in the wiring. maybe check the grounding wires to make sure they are all wired.

check to make sure the wires have not frayed towards the end of the wires. my cousin has had this problem many times with his teg. also, make sure any other leads or wires running from the distributor are ok, any little problem can make a huge effect. get apic if you can, also check inside the distributor cap. make sure there are no pieces of wire in it.

• 4 weeks later...

Check to see if you have voltage going to the dizy plug. If there isn't any voltage check your fuses (ignition fuse is located in the engine bay), if fuses are fine then your main relay porb went out.

My friend had a rare problem, his spark plug wires were old and they basically decomposed and wouldn't conduct electricity. So if you have power to your dizy check every plug for spark

• 7 months later...

Why so this seems to be a common problem. I'm having the same issue with my Integra. I had my car die out yesterday checked and didn't have a spark so I replaced the distributor with a new one. It started up and ran good, but today it cranks and just won't start. I checked and once again I don't have a spark. Were you able to correct the issue with your car? If so would you mind relaying what was the issue with yours so that I can check to see if it is the same thing with mine. Your help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Chris

• 2 months later...

Why so this seems to be a common problem. I'm having the same issue with my Integra. I had my car die out yesterday checked and didn't have a spark so I replaced the distributor with a new one. It started up and ran good, but today it cranks and just won't start. I checked and once again I don't have a spark. Were you able to correct the issue with your car? If so would you mind relaying what was the issue with yours so that I can check to see if it is the same thing with mine. Your help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Chris

You should try other wires and make sure there put in right. And try some of the things that are posted above.

Archived