aftermarket subwoofer to factory deck

I hooked up an aftermarket subwoofer to my factory system and I'm getting interference through the sub at low rpm's. It makes a thump like bass passing through the sub but as soon as I open the trunk cover or my door it will go away. Can anyone please help!!!! I'm at a total loss as to what's causing this

Definately sounds like a grounding issue. Mine is hooked up to the factory deck and hits great.

Mine's grounded to the seatbelt hookup in the back seat...is that a bad spot? Where's yours grounded?

Mine's grounded to the seatbelt hookup in the back seat...is that a bad spot? Where's yours grounded?

It's not an ideal spot by any means. Better off finding something in the trunk. Problem with the seatbelt bolt, is that there most likely isn't bare metal where the bolt meets the body.

i had mine grounded to my spair tire rod which holds the the spair tire in place i would not really recomend it unless its not protected like somethin causes it too move it cuz the last thing u want is that the ground frack up ur amp.

thanks everyone for the help but me and another guy found the problem this weekend. The "Active Noise Control" or "ANC" Mics is the device that turns your radio up and down with the speed of the vehicle....well that was the culprit! They were running at the same frequency as my amp causing it to go nuts when I accelerated. thanks again and hopefully this will help someone else out down the road

Archived