Replacing Rotor on 1993 Honda Accord

umoms

I finally took the hub off the rotor and I put a new rotor in but now I dont know how to put the hub and rotor back on. Do I need to get them pressed? Or is there a easier way to put them back in together again?

I think there is some confusion here. On an accord the hub does not attach to the rotor, you have it backwards. The hub, or sometimes referred to as the knuckle, is the part that the brake caliper and suspension and steering components attach to. The rotor is sandwiched between the hub and the wheel and largely held in place by the lug nuts.

Now that the layout of the parts is clarified, what is the problem you are having? If you find you have a problem describing it well you can always take a couple of pictures and link them for us.

I got one side done....but now on the other side I stripped 2 of the bolts that hold the hub in. I tried everything to get those 14mm bolts out. I tried to torch them, I tried to use some Irwin sockets. I even tried to drill out the center of the bolt for about 2 hours straight and it looks like I still can't get them out. Any suggestions for getting some seriously stripped bolts from off the hub???

I got one side done....but now on the other side I stripped 2 of the bolts that hold the hub in. I tried everything to get those 14mm bolts out. I tried to torch them, I tried to use some Irwin sockets. I even tried to drill out the center of the bolt for about 2 hours straight and it looks like I still can't get them out. Any suggestions for getting some seriously stripped bolts from off the hub???

You're gonna slap yourself in the face when I tell you this. Mine were like that too, so I sent to Sears and got these Craftsmen bolt removers, comes in a little case. There's six little teeth like blade things on the socket looking things. They bite into the bolt and loosen up like butta. My friend and I were amazed at how effective they were. Everytime i've used them, I've gotten the bolt out.

*edit* Also, you're gonna need some new ones from Honda and it just so happens I was recycling all of my metal car parts I didn't need and decided to keep all 8 of those bolts, brand new never been used. I forget how how much they are from Honda, but if you aren't in a rush I'll send em out if you just pay for shipping. Thing is, I doubt Honda will have those in stock, so they'll have to order them and you'll end up waiting anyway. Lemme know.

Archived