engine and tranny swap

nicks98civicdx

I have a 1998 civic dx automatic and its sportin a crapty slow d16y7 backed with an awsome super slow automatic tranny! lol It runs fine and i dont burn a drop of oil and never had a motor problem which is awsome cuz i have 173,000 miles on her. I have tracked down at a junk yard 2 hours away from me and this is trustin the guys work a b16b with 5 speed in a 1994 del sol. He says it has 88,000 miles and it goes throu all the gears and runs like a champ but it has some serious front end damage that the insurance company decided to total the car out. he saws he would sell me the hole drive train for $1,500. What i want to know is if anyone thinks this is worth it and how much i would have ta go throu or expect from a shop to charge me ta do this. if anyone has anything for me then please let me know!!! thank you!

i doubt its a b16b, im sure its a b16a2 or similar.

but yes, you should pick it up if you got the money for it.

do you know of any books on this kinda swap i can buy or where ta look for more info cuz i have checked out some specs on the b16a2 and its still a damn good motor!!!

Not much in the way of books I can recommend. There are a number of quality How-To guides that enthusiasts at Honda-Tech have written. HT is an excellent resource for technical references. The problem there is that the place is so huge that it is difficult to get quality responses to individual questions when you make a new thread.

Not much in the way of books I can recommend. There are a number of quality How-To guides that enthusiasts at Honda-Tech have written. HT is an excellent resource for technical references. The problem there is that the place is so huge that it is difficult to get quality responses to individual questions when you make a new thread.

ight, thanks!

Archived