A couple of tranny questions

Okay....I have a 91 hatchback with the 4 speed for reference. I'm picking up an 90 CRX Si tranny next weekend for my car.

I have a little bit of clutch chatter in my current trans when taking off and it's cold outside/tranny cold.....so I'm just gonna replace the clutch.

Is there a different clutch for the Si tranny as for mine. Also, I'm looking at an Exedy stock replacement clutch and it shows for all 90-91 civic's 1.5L/1.6L....20 spline. Will that work? Also....can I use my stock flywheel or do I need to upgrade that to an Si flywheel? If I understand correctly, the Clutch is tranny specific and flywheel is engine specific.

From what I understand...I can also re-use my stock axles...??

Thanks for the tips.

Should be a piece of cake then. I know it's fairly easy to get to with the tranny in the car.

That's what I was wondering.....it just unbolts and slides out from the outside??? Wanted to make sure I didn't have to get into the tranny itself to remove.

That's what I was wondering.....it just unbolts and slides out from the outside??? Wanted to make sure I didn't have to get into the tranny itself to remove.

I doubt it, it should just bolt to the casing. That's where you adjust the clutch cable, from what little I looked at the diagram.

Clutch will work. Clutches for the 88's have the different spline count. Stock flywheel will work.

T/O bearing is easy to replace.

Axles will work.

Archived