rumble in the "cockpit"

bennannie

have any of you experienced a hardcore vibration around a certain rpm (1800)? i had a exhaust leak on my 95 accord stock exhaust system, so i had it replaced with a cheap "turbo" muffler. the rumble still exists at the same rpm, in fact i think it's worse now. is it because i'm not getting enough back pressure? would getting a new stock muffler fix this? or could it be a effect of a different problem? it's so annoying, any advise helps please. thanks

where exactly is this vibration coming from? is the exhaust vibrating or is it the motor, or something else?

it's the motor. the exhaust does'nt rattle or anything. i don't think the exhaust is loud persay, it just kinda rumbles a high pressue, bassy vibration. hard to explain

Mine does the same thing. I think it's the heatshield for my cat. I've had my motor mounts and stuff checked, so it's not that. It's done it for as long as I can remember. I just turn my music up louder. :D

haha haha it says cock haha haha

and the exhaust would cause your car to "rumble" it would just cause the car to have a lack of power... check your plug wires.. are they new or old? if theyre old make sure theyre not cracked or worn too bad, if they are it could be grounding out on metal and causing the engine to stutter..

EDIT:: and the backpressure theory has been busted.. gotta love myth busters :thumbsup:

i checked the motor mounts, not sure exactly whet i'm looking for, but they were'nt broke. the motor was jiggling the rubber in the mounts but, that could be a short straining on the motor, or the need of a tune up. i will replace the ignition system and the fuel filter (tune up), but i'm thinking putting a stock muffler on may help.

i'm pretty sure it has a short. if i put one lead of my volt meter on the negative bat terminal and the other lead on the disconnected negative bat cable, with the car off, the voltmeter reads 10.8 volts. i am guessing thats a short, but would that make it rumble at higher rpm's?

mine does tha same thing when i put it in reverse and the prblem for me is the rear motor mount because it is a hydrolic filled motor mount so try checking that

definitely sounds like a mount. Try revving it to that rpm in neutral and then again in park and see if there is a noticeable difference.

PS: you drive an accord. not a fighter jet. It's "cab" or "cabin", not cockpit. :p

haha alex dont bust his balls com on cock pit sounds cool but yea does anyone even know why there is four motor munts on accords? all other cars ive done work on only have three and none of those are in the back also none that i know of are fluid filled other than honda

Nearly all hondas I've seen have a rear mount. My civic has 5 mounts including the trans mounts. And it's more of a grease than a fluid on those types. We just changed out the rear mount on an 03 accord at the shop. It was busted like a split ball joint. Had thick grease packed in it. That car had a mean vibration. It felt like sitting in one of those back massager chairs. lol

Archived