stock ecu for vtec delsol

darksol94

hey whats up...ok so im new to the delsol but def not to vtec engines.....is it possible to tune a stock del sol vtec ecu? ive asked around but im gettin different answers and whats the deal with h22 throttle bodys? will it fit on my b16a or what? same deal with the ecu so many different answers about this

i wanna say you need a chip or a piggy back to tune it

and i personally wouldnt change tb's because ive heard about a lot of people having problems when they do it but it could be just because those people didnt do something right

oh and del sol is the best honda

vtec controllers are stupid and theres really no point unless you have a highly modified motor, even then i dont think i would use one.

and no i'm pretty sure you cant tune a stock ecu. what mods do you currently have?

you can chip your stock ecu so you can run a stand alone program on it or you can piggy back to tune it. that's it.

why would you want to put a different stock ecu on your b16 or a TB from an H22?

for the most part you can't swap parts directly between series. B goes with B, H goes with H, D goes with D etc.

• 7 months later...

dead thread im sure but im bored....for informational purposes i cant remember where the thread is located but ive read that most honda throttle bodies are interchangeable but i believe the h-series needs to be port matched for the b or d series....

Archived