GT35r turbo

DwiZZy

Ok I was thinking on getting a turbo kit and paying extra to get the GT35r, But I was wondering if there was another turbo that would do better, But I'm only going for 350hp maybe 400hp it's going to be a daily driver I dont really want anything over that.

Ive just heard that GT35r's are better for my Rpm Range

If you only want to make power your last 1500-2000 then go for the GT35r. If you want a usable power band and a car that's actually driveable then go with a GT28 or GT30.

If you only want to make power your last 1500-2000 then go for the GT35r. If you want a usable power band and a car that's actually driveable then go with a GT28 or GT30.

yeah, ive done research recently myself and think a 28ish-30 is a good choice.

look less at "i have a gt35 turbo" and look at whats best for performance. youll get more out of a smaller turbo than a gt35. at least for the hp mark your looking at

yeah, ive done research recently myself and think a 28ish-30 is a good choice.

look less at "i have a gt35 turbo" and look at whats best for performance. youll get more out of a smaller turbo than a gt35. at least for the hp mark your looking at

Exactly. I mean...Cranny is using a GT35 for a possible 500whp+ and he's running a K24/K20 setup. Much different than a 400whp goal on a 1.8 liter.

Ok thanks I just thought that a GT35r would do better because i will be shifting at around 9,000rpms but I guess I was wrong but yeah thanks for the advice and I guess it will save me money aswell lol

Ok thanks I just thought that a GT35r would do better because i will be shifting at around 9,000rpms but I guess I was wrong but yeah thanks for the advice and I guess it will save me money aswell lol

Well i doubt youll be shifting at 9k all the time, and if you are youll proly kill yourself eventually.

But really its not about what rpm your shifting at so much, its more about what your car is built for. Fully built drag cars are built to the max, sometimes producing 8-900 hp and yet still shift at like 9k (just guess) But do you think that they would use a gt35 turbo just because they shift at such a high point? of course not! the engine would suck the turbo into the intake and spit it out of the exhaust! they would base turbo size off of how the engine is built, like a gt47 or something crazy big (i dont know much about the big big sizes tho) haha

Just keep in mind you wont be redlining all the time. You can pull a good amount of power out of a smaller turbo with the right set-up

the guy that tunes my car said it would be perfect for my car and he know hes crap so i mean... go on youtube and type in RLZ civic thats his hatch its pushing around 950 to the wheel and runs a 8.1 spinning in the 1/4

the guy that tunes my car said it would be perfect for my car and he know hes crap so i mean... go on youtube and type in RLZ civic thats his hatch its pushing around 950 to the wheel and runs a 8.1 spinning in the 1/4

Then why are you asking questions here if you have somebody else that you are going to listen to? Plus, if I remember correctly, nobody's knowledge on here can come close to yours when it comes to the B18C1....so why did you need to ask in the first place? A GT30 would be okay and leave you room for improvement. GT28 would be plenty for your goal as well. THe smaller the turbo that can reach your goal, the faster spool time, less lag and faster car you will have.....of course I'm sure you knew that already since it pretains to a B18C1 and nobody can touch you on that area...

yea i do know that and way to be a smart ass, and I was just asking other ppl and cn if any1 has used a GT30 or GT35 on an integra in this forum because i havent

no you asked

But I was wondering if there was another turbo that would do better
and the answer is yes, for 300-350 whp go for the 28r

Archived