Adding power steering to a 1996 Delsol S

sbiddle

My wife drives a DelSol S which doesn't have power steering. She loves the car except slow speed turning is hard for her because it lacks power steering. Has anyone else ever added power steering to a non-PS car? I know I'd have to replace the rack, add the PS pump and belt, but is there more to it than that? Maybe the parts off a Civic of the same vintage would work?

hello,

I noticed you havent recieved an answer on here, but im having the exact same issue...

I was wondering if you found any information? I just started looking into swaping my steering on a 94 S

I have a 93 Si too, so at least i can look at the diffrences for judgement....

jus10ftl@yahoo.com

thanks!

you'll get used to it, i did. go without it for a while then put it back and and see how weird it feels...............

that's what she said...

swapping powersteering isn't difficult. you just need all the parts from a del sol with powersteering...

you need the....

p/s rack

pump and assembly

belt

and lines

i do believe that's it.

swapping powersteering isn't difficult. you just need all the parts from a del sol with powersteering...

you need the....

p/s rack

pump and assembly

belt

and lines

i do believe that's it.

I looked in carparts.com and for a steering rack and PS pump, it looks like a '92 to '95 Civic is an exact replacement. Somewhere else I saw that the swap isn't too hard to do, I just have to figure out if it's worth it. I'll definitely score points with my better half.

I have all the power steering parts needed to get it up and running if you would like to purchase them as a whole. only thing youll need to buy is a new pulley and a belt. but shipping costs could be a pain...lmk.

Archived