Whats your Favorite Parts store for building up a engine?

hiemsnox

Im going to start putting together a wish list of parts that i will buy for my del sol... i have another d16z6 engine sitting around that i plan on using, my goal for right now is lets say 300-350hp turbo'd. i most likely will be buying another del sol down the line with a manual tranny so i dont have to do the swap in mine. and i would just like to know where you guys perfer to shop and if you have any suggestions on which brand to by... i hear eagle most of the time... is that the preferred brand?

ill be looking and all new pistons, crank, rods, and any other part to go along with it. most likely a new top end unless i can fix my old one. do you think i would need a differant camshaft too? i got lots of ??? and i want to try to see about how much all of this will cost me to build up.

I don't check which forum topics are in. I click "View New Posts" and read them all.

Anyways, horsepowerfreaks is a good site. Eagle and Crower are good choices from what I've read. Expensive too though.

Eagle rods and crank seem to be the standard. Vitara pistons are quite popular and cheap(er). Crower makes good cams. ARP for your head studs. HF manifolds are good for a first turbo project. DSM injectors are easily found. Walbro for your fuel pump. eBay piping/intercooler work for most people, but the turbo comes down to what you want out of the engine though.

Eagle rods and crank seem to be the standard. Vitara pistons are quite popular and cheap(er). Crower makes good cams. ARP for your head studs. HF manifolds are good for a first turbo project. DSM injectors are easily found. Walbro for your fuel pump. eBay piping/intercooler work for most people, but the turbo comes down to what you want out of the engine though.

ok thanks for the list i actually might be getting a shell to start my build soon... and as far as turbo's go... who and what size would be best for a d16?

kingmotorsports.com <--- where im getting most of my suspension parts from

inlinefour.com

prostreetonline.com <--- might take a while to get parts, im still waiting on my suspension and exhaust >_<

autobacsusa.com

skunk2.com

thats all i have for now... kingmotorsports and inlinefour are pricey

Archived