can anyone help???

jackL0414

hi folks i'm just after installing a new amp in the car and it was working fine for the first few days then i noticed when ever i braked or turned right the amp turns off until i straighten up the wheels or release the brakes which makes no sense as the wires for the amp run from the front to the back and aren't near the brake lines or steering coloumn, does anyone know anything about whats goin on? i would appreciate some help has this happened to anyone else?

I guess I'd say it would have to be wires somewhere near the steering rack and pedal set. But if that's not where they are, you've got me.

Where does the power cable run through the firewall? I'd be most concerned about that wire shorting out and causing a fire. Trust me, that's not fun.

Most importantly...you do have a fuse on the power cable as close to the battery as possible, right?

I guess I'd say it would have to be wires somewhere near the steering rack and pedal set. But if that's not where they are, you've got me.

Where does the power cable run through the firewall? I'd be most concerned about that wire shorting out and causing a fire. Trust me, that's not fun.

Most importantly...you do have a fuse on the power cable as close to the battery as possible, right?

i have the power cable running through on the passenger side about 20cm away from the battery, and yeah i have a fuse on the power cable about an inch away from the battery, its not near the steering rack at all or the pedals, i moved all the speaker wires that were on the right side and ran them all down the centre of the car as i was told not to wire the power lead next to speaker leads, this is my fourth time rewiring this particular amp and its really begining to get on my tits, anyone out there an electrician who knows about amps?!?!?!?

How did you wire your amp. ? What are you using for your power source ? Straight to the battery ? Does the amplifier turn off completely ? Or does just the speakers ? Try wiggling the wires by the amp.

How did you wire your amp. ? What are you using for your power source ? Straight to the battery ? Does the amplifier turn off completely ? Or does just the speakers ? Try wiggling the wires by the amp.

the amp is wired straight from the battery with a fuse spliced onto the line to keep the volts down, ah yeah when i turn off the car the amp goes off too as the remote cable is hooked into it from the back of the head unit so when i turn the key the head unit goes off and so does the amp, i tried wiggling the wires and its still fracked!!! anyone wanna buy a 1500w urban sound amp?? icon6.gificon4.gif

the amp is wired straight from the battery with a fuse spliced onto the line to keep the volts down, ah yeah when i turn off the car the amp goes off too as the remote cable is hooked into it from the back of the head unit so when i turn the key the head unit goes off and so does the amp, i tried wiggling the wires and its still fracked!!! anyone wanna buy a 1500w urban sound amp?? icon6.gificon4.gif

I think we've found your problem. Stop using crap components.

Archived