2004 civic knocking suspension!!!

04civic407

i have a 2004 civic dx. my suspension is knocking really badly. it only does it when im not hitting the gas or brakes. it would do it any any speed and its a stock suspension. i cant figure out whats doing it. can anybody help?? :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...
i have a 2004 civic dx. my suspension is knocking really badly. it only does it when im not hitting the gas or brakes. it would do it any any speed and its a stock suspension. i cant figure out whats doing it. can anybody help?? :crazy:

Try your strut mounts. my friend has a svt focus and he had the same problem. it is usually the bushings that rot out on the strut mount. It shouldn't be expensive like $80 each...

Try your strut mounts. my friend has a svt focus and he had the same problem. it is usually the bushings that rot out on the strut mount. It shouldn't be expensive like $80 each...

Sorry, pos focus is not comparable to a civic. Bushings do not rot away after only 5 years.

Like the others have said, one of your suspension bolts probably backed itself out a turn or two. I experienced a similar problem with my rear control arms until I used some loc-tite on them. If you have some tools and time sit down and retighten anything you can reach in the area the sound seems to be coming from. If you are not the do-it-yourself kind of person cruise it on over to the local suspension fix-it place and let them take a look.

Archived