my 93 ex

civi93ex

i bought a salvage title 93 ex from a guy my age 17 it has 130k and he already put a new muffler on it but other than that he, whats the redline on this gen civic cause i revved it to 8.5 grand the other night and didnt bounce off the fuel cut

and it feels like it has too much balls for 125hp

and does anyone have a stock dyno chart ive searched but cant find one and i would like to see the power band curve

don't ever rev it past 7200 again! if you do..i will call you a dumbass repeatedly.

the redline on 5th gen civic's is 7200....my rev limiter is somewhere around 8k, not sure where its at cause i've only hit it once on accident. just don't go much past 7200, and don't rev it up that high often and you should be fine.

what other cars have you driven to compare to the civic? maybe thats why you think its got too much balls for a car with 125hp. a lot of people say civic's can't hang with bigger engine cars...most of the time they're wrong.

yeah what he just said is pretty much wrong.

don't ever rev it past 7200 again! if you do..i will call you a dumbass repeatedly.

why? going past 7200 on a Z6 is fine.

my rev limiter is somewhere around 8k

actually, its 7500. and it is fine to take your car all the way up to the rev limiter. thats why its there. if it wasn't safe to rev that high, the rev limiter would be lower.

civi93ex,

your engine stops making power at about 7000 RPM. it wont hurt anything to go to 8K, but its pointless.

actually, its 7500. and it is fine to take your car all the way up to the rev limiter. thats why its there. if it wasn't safe to rev that high, the rev limiter would be lower.

my rev limiter is higher than 7500rpm. and why would honda say the redline (the point at which you shouldn't rev past) is 7200 if its safe to rev past that? doesn't make much sense to me.

but, go ahead and rev up to 8k on a daily basis and then come back on here in a month or two crying about all the problems your having.

my rev limiter is higher than 7500rpm.

prove it.

and why would honda say the redline (the point at which you shouldn't rev past) is 7200 if its safe to rev past that? doesn't make much sense to me.

who the hell says you shouldn't go past redline? if you can find just 1 official honda quote, saying you shouldn't take a d16z6 equipped car into redline, i will leave this site forever. if it wasn't safe to rev past 7200, why the hell did honda, who warranties all their cars for 3 years, put the limiter at 7500? DOESN'T MAKE MUCH f*cking SENSE TO ME.

but, go ahead and rev up to 8k on a daily basis and then come back on here in a month or two crying about all the problems your having.

ok master of engine building and dynamics, tell me how going to 8K is worse than 7500?

and who said anything about going to 8K everyday? i sure didn't. if you rev that high when you arn't in a racing environment, you are a ricer.

and who said anything about going to 8K everyday? i sure didn't. if you rev that high when you arn't in a racing environment, you are a ricer.

the person who started the thread did...

i revved it to 8.5 grand the other night

and a quote from my first post:

just don't go much past 7200, and don't rev it up that high often and you should be fine.

going slightly past 7200 isn't bad...i used to do it all the time when i raced people from my school and when i went to the track. but it can't be good for an engine to rev past the redline/up to the rev limiter. which is what the hell i was saying in the first place...

you are a ricer.

enough with the flames..

rice is good with soy sauce

why? going past 7200 on a Z6 is fine.

agreed, kaboom to the motor :laugh:

the person who started the thread did...

no he didn't... since when is "the other night" the same as "every day"?

going slightly past 7200 isn't bad...i used to do it all the time when i raced people from my school and when i went to the track.

congradulations.

but it can't be good for an engine to rev past the redline/up to the rev limiter. which is what the hell i was saying in the first place...

you are wrong. and don't get technical with me either, because "technically", driving your car to the grocery store and shifting at 3K is bad for the car.

vtracer i don't see a reason for you to put your 2 cents in. you drive a stock CRX and don't have any experience with a d16z6.

why you gotta hate? im not trying to pick sides..

the guy seemed like a ricer with his first honda...he might not be, but oh well.

i drove up to the gas station and back last night to put gas in my car...when i got back i decided to rev my car up to the rev limiter to see who was right. i slowly reved my car up to 7800rpm when it kicked in. next time, i'll take a picture of it.

hahaha..

i had a VAFC in my old GSR, and as you know the VAFC is one of the most accurate devices for measuring RPM. the tachometer in my guage cluster was +150 RPMs at idle, and ~+250 at higher RPMs.

so you have to be kidding me, if you think your guage cluster will be accurate within 300 RPM at redline speeds.

OK honda civicex95 you are a jack ass, can you read or is someone their reading the posts for you, first off i know that shifting at the rev limiter is bad every day and its not my first honda i had a 92 accord before this and it blew balls even thow it was rated at 130 thirty horsepower

but any way Ive driven a Nissan 200sx SE-R wich is rated at 140hp and 130 ft-lbs and it drove about the same as my civic, but hp is really an imaginary numbered the way it is used in automotive terms torque is what is really powering your car any way, the definition of torque is a force rotated about an axis and the definition of power is a force over displacement/time so how can you measure horsepower on dyno when you have no displacement.

and i am no where near a ricer because i new a crapload about hondas before the fast and the furious came out and i was pissed cause after that every body and their brother got a civic and started dragging the name civic and honda into the dirt

its behind your pass. kick panel or under your pass. carpet, remove it and open it, make sure your not on carpet when you do it(esd damage).. there should be two extra chips on your lower right hand side, or your upper left side, most of the time there labeled.. alien

Archived