ATTN: pc people/gamers

ive had this problem called a stop error on my compy

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293078

ive tried every fix and solution even tried to contact microsoft to fix my grapics and no go. the problems is that my pc with xp installed, using a 8800GT, i even tried getting a new video card (9800GT superclocked) and a few days later the stop error occurs during idle, when i play call of duty 4 i get a good 45-64FPS, when i play world of warcraft wrath of the lich king i get 51-60FPS(both games underload) no problem. since im never idle or that call of duty has so much crap going on, the gpu is working so i dont have this problem, when i play WoW and i go afk for like 2mins fps skyrockets to 75-180FPS and it freezes my screen, and when i alt tab to windows mode, its on a lower resolution like 600x whatever. i even got the latest nvidia driver installed.. i even put it on low detailed settings and it still happens. someone please help :(

Archived