What's the advantage of MPFI over DPFI???

On my 91 hatch. I see a lot of people do the dpfi to mpfi conversion and spend 200-400 bucks to do so. Aside from any horsepower gains (it's a 60hp car.....a 10-15hp increase means nothing really), what are the advantages?

Here's the only that I can come up with:

HP increase (about 10-15hp is what I gather....doesn't matter to me)

Cleaner engine bay - this would be nice but not worth a few hundred bucks

Will I get better gas mileage with MPFI? If so, how much better? Just trying to figure out why so many people spend a decent chunk of change for this conversion on a motor (D15b1/2) that has little to no potential....especially n/a.

Instead of just converting to MPFI do a mini-me. Would give you a good boost in power(~125hp) plus vtec.

Which motor do you have d15b2 or or b6? Reason being the b6 only has 8 valves wheras a z6 head has 16v. Would need new pistons with 4 valve reliefs ea.

Instead of just converting to MPFI do a mini-me. Would give you a good boost in power(~125hp) plus vtec.

Which motor do you have d15b2 or or b6? Reason being the b6 only has 8 valves wheras a z6 head has 16v. Would need new pistons with 4 valve reliefs ea.

I actually have the D15b1 which is a dumbed down D15b2 that makes 30hp less. B2-92hp, B1-62hp. So with 62hp, I'd have to do a lot to see any gains that would make the car worth a darn.

I can swap an entire D16z6 for probably under a grand, so not sure how much the head swap would cost, but it would have to be substantial enough to warrant not swapping a straight z6.

yeah I would just swap in a complete z6 and get the extra .1l because it would cost about 500-600 to do right, and with a b1 I'm guessing the equivelant to the b6 in my hf just would be a waste.

Archived