need some knowledge

88prelude

okay i have a 1988 honda prelude base carbbed model... last week i removed my A/C compressor, evaporator, and all the lines and my cars temp gauge still stays way under the center. then i realized my fans werent turning on and someone at autozone said the compressor turns youre fans on- like both of them and said the wires that went to the compressor have to be spliced into the fan wires for the fan(s) to turn on but i have no idea what wires go to what

my friends dad who is a mechanic said that the ac compressor only should control the smaller fan that turns on when the ac turns on but he said there was another wire that went somewhere along the ac lines that has to be spliced.

i just flushed my radiator today and took out the smaller ac fan and the car started to overheat! so i plugged the ac fan back in and the car does not overheat even though the fans do not turn on

note: before i removed my compressor, which was decharged (my whole ac system was completely dis charged) my fans still turned on...like both of them would turn on while the car is idleing with the ac off

does this make any sense to anyone?

Somewhere where it has coolant flowing over it. Check your thermostat housing.

oh okay well i checked that and everythiing seems to be connected but since my car is not overheating even withoout a fan i just removed the AC fan and wired the main fan to a switch inside the car straight to the fuse box so i can turn it on whenever i might need to

Archived