What kinda oil u guys runnin?

dlys2003

• 3 weeks later...

Discount Auto Parts oil all the way baby! LOL :D I just buy whatever's cheapest or on sale! If you're good about changing your oil it shouldn't matter what kind you use. And about Synthetic - I think it's too expensive, when all you have to do is change your oil on-time with the regular oil. Whatever! :p

Nicole :heart:

• 2 weeks later...

i use castrol's oil..

theres this guy i talked to who fixes exotic italian cars and he owns a vw. he said that you only need to change your oil once a year!! his car has over 2k miles on it.. im callin his bluff

• 2 weeks later...
Discount Auto Parts oil all the way baby! LOL :D I just buy whatever's cheapest or on sale! If you're good about changing your oil it shouldn't matter what kind you use. And about Synthetic - I think it's too expensive, when all you have to do is change your oil on-time with the regular oil.

If only that was all you had to do then I wouldn't be paying $25 for oil every time I changed it. If all you had to do was change your oil on time then why do they even make synhetic??

If all you had to do was change your oil on time then why does Porsche use nothing but Mobil 1????

Discount Auto Parts oil all the way baby! LOL  :D  I just buy whatever's cheapest or on sale!  If you're good about changing your oil it shouldn't matter what kind you use.  And about Synthetic - I think it's too expensive, when all you have to do is change your oil on-time with the regular oil.

If only that was all you had to do then I wouldn't be paying $25 for oil every time I changed it. If all you had to do was change your oil on time then why do they even make synhetic??

If all you had to do was change your oil on time then why does Porsche use nothing but Mobil 1????

Duh...They make synthetic so you don't HAVE to change your oil every 3,000 miles! w00t

Nicole :heart:

• 1 month later...

Wait wait wait...synth or regular, you'll have to add oil if your car is burnin it... w00t So that more than 3k mile might not cut it.

Good idea, to open the hood, pull out the dip stick - whipe it - stick it back in - and pull it out and check the levels. Good indicator, besides smell or smoke, if you're car is usin' it like its gasssss.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I retract my previous statements!!!! I'm adding a turbo to the civic so I decided to try this royal purple synthetic that I seem to be hearing more and more about. Anyways, on a trial period here I've noticed my car has run cooler and smoother it seems with the royal purple. Only 3000 miles will tell. I'll post again and let you guys know how it goes and by that time it should be ready for boosting again!!!

Archived