i need some ppls opinions please

rjjjosh

ok... so first of all i drive a 95 civic si hatch. and i want to get a project hatch. and i know someone getting rid of a 92 or 93 cx hatch with a blown motor, busted rear quarter window, and rusted ass hood.. anyways, he is asking 500 for it and i was wondering if that was a good price. any opinions would help....... thanx

if thats all thats wrong with it, doesnt seem too bad to me. could get a motor for cheap and the window and hood isnt a biggie. as long as everything else is in order and there isnt too much to fix, id say its not a bad price.

or you could buy nancy's hatch :)

When you are talking about $400 and $500 cars, the $100 is a big difference, 20% is a lot to drop. $100 for a car that is like $2000 or more isn't a lot.

It sounds like an okay deal, but I'd like to see the entire car for that price. What you described sounds like there is probably a lot of "minor" problems, but for a $500 car, that could be a lot of time and money.

No quarter panel rust? No door dings? I mean, being "perfect" for a 1995 could mean a lot of things, but they never are perfect. You'd be surprised how costly fixing up a car can be with a ton of small dings. If you are looking for a cheap shell that looks decent for the age, sure, but if you are looking for a shell to make "perfect," you may have to think twice, waiting and pushing your price a little higher could turn a decent shell that needs a lot of body work into a shell that needs very minor body work and paint.

i don't have any pics of the car, i forgot to take them when i was looking at it... but it is in pretty good shape for the age, i don't think i saw even a lil dent in it on the factory paint :thumbsup: . now i'm assured im not getting ripped off....

thanx for all the input.

Archived