maintenance needed

maniek

Hello guys on my 2003 honda accord v4 a light has lit up stating maintenance needed ... i have gone through the steps that are outlined in the users manual and the light is still on. Can you please shed some light on what could be causing this. I want to make the dam'n thing disappear(is there a trick to it). My car has roughly 90k miles on it.

Hello guys on my 2003 honda accord v4 a light has lit up stating maintenance needed ... i have gone through the steps that are outlined in the users manual and the light is still on. Can you please shed some light on what could be causing this. I want to make the dam'n thing disappear(is there a trick to it). My car has roughly 90k miles on it.

Is it always on, or is it not on when you start car, and then it comes on eventually?

Maintenance or check engine? Maintenance light is just on a timer that tells you when it hasn't been reset in a certain amount of time. I think its like, 5000 miles. I don't know how to reset it for your 2003, but my car you have the car off, press and hold the reset button, turn the switch to on while holding it, then when it stops blinking its reset. Make sure you do all the steps, and its better to hold it longer than you need to and it will fix it. No worries. :thumbsup:

The cylinders are inline, making it an inline four (I4), not V4. The light pops on at mileage intervals for scheduled maintenance. Look in the owner's manual for resetting techniques. You may have to bring it to a dealer to reset it.

Archived