93 ex stalls out after sitting in the sun

jap

If I have my windows all closed and my car has been sitting in the sun for a while my car will start then automatically stall out right after it starts, then it wont start again after that. I open the windows and let it cool down in there for a little while, also I unplug and plug back in the tps and it will start???? Any ideas?

If I have my windows all closed and my car has been sitting in the sun for a while my car will start then automatically stall out right after it starts, then it wont start again after that. I open the windows and let it cool down in there for a little while, also I unplug and plug back in the tps and it will start? ??? Any ideas?

yea main fuel relay. basically youll get it to start eventually,just keep turning the key on and off untill you hear it click and the fuel pump primes. the humidity affects the relay because after time the solder spots that enclose it crack.

Definitely sounds like a typical PGM-FI relay failure.

As far as 1990crx's post though, if the relay is bad a jump start will not/should not get it to run. It sounds like your problem is different.

i have the same prob. but it just wont start and i have to get a jump

Archived