please help me with My 1990 Prelude 2.0s!!!!!

Im_A_MotherLuvin_Ridah

i bought this car for 200 dollars the owner told me it was the distibutor that gone bad so i thought it was a easy fix, i got it towed to my house and started operating on it and realized he put on new spark plug wires, and a new rotor and cap , i used my voltage meeter and tested this wire going from the distributor cap to some device all the way on the top on the back left close to the windshield and i tested the rotor i see that its getting the proper voltage and im clueless because the car is still clicking when i start and the battery is fully charged so i started browsing forums for

troubleshooting ideas i found out nothing was wrong with the rotor. i learned that the rotor is supposed to turn during ignition and mine wasnt turning i learned it might be the timing belt because it drives the camshatft which the distributor rotor runs off so the fast clicking that sounds like the clicking you get when you try to start a car with a weak battery i guess thats the starter spinning the flywheel or something do you think its the timing belt? :crazy: i know a little but not too much bout auto repair am i right or wrong ? bare with me all replies are greatly appreciated do you think this i easy to fix i learned that this is a non interference engine so the head is good the timing belt could be the issue since there is 230K+ mileage

And calling people an idiot doesn't make friends nor make people WANT to help you. Anyway why don't you just do an engine swap then drive the car or sell it for a decent profit? Cause once you fix one thing theres likely just going to be something else to go soon. 230k on the motor and the guy sold it for $200 I doubt it has a lot going for it mechanically wise as is.

i bought it from my friends father i used to see him drive it around wit no problems untill this happened

And calling people an idiot doesn't make friends nor make people WANT to help you. Anyway why don't you just do an engine swap then drive the car or sell it for a decent profit? Cause once you fix one thing theres likely just going to be something else to go soon. 230k on the motor and the guy sold it for $200 I doubt it has a lot going for it mechanically wise as is.

Archived