top speed

Honda_boyd0.ob

My 02 RSX Type-S topped out at 130 something and was shaking is there a chip on the car to block the top speed or what can i do to make it faster. my current Mods: dc racing headers and AEM cold air intake.idk why that would be important to tell you but just in case

Ok, Just to let you know in advance. Most every member here is going to ask you if this was track or street. When/if you say it was on the street they are going to give you the "dont do dumb sh*t on the street" saying..

Now that that is out of the way, would the car not go past 130? Like, did it run all the way up to it and then just kinda stay there? Or were you out of rpms in the gear you were in?

More than likely there is governor on the car, and that is why it wont go any faster.

As far as the shaking, that was your tires letting you know that they arent made to handle that kind of speed. I would suggest, if you insist on going that fast, that you get a very good set of tires that are rated for high speeds. If you dont, your next post, if you are able to make one, could very well be a "i totaled my rsx-s"..

im am not advocating you do anything illegal or unsafe anywhere but a track. We have all done some done stuff before, and most of us can count a few too many times where we walked away lucky to be alive. So be smart, and dont put your life, or others, in danger.

Ok, Just to let you know in advance. Most every member here is going to ask you if this was track or street. When/if you say it was on the street they are going to give you the "dont do dumb sh*t on the street" saying..

Now that that is out of the way, would the car not go past 130? Like, did it run all the way up to it and then just kinda stay there? Or were you out of rpms in the gear you were in?

More than likely there is governor on the car, and that is why it wont go any faster.

As far as the shaking, that was your tires letting you know that they arent made to handle that kind of speed. I would suggest, if you insist on going that fast, that you get a very good set of tires that are rated for high speeds. If you dont, your next post, if you are able to make one, could very well be a "i totaled my rsx-s"..

im am not advocating you do anything illegal or unsafe anywhere but a track. We have all done some done stuff before, and most of us can count a few too many times where we walked away lucky to be alive. So be smart, and dont put your life, or others, in danger.

No lie I Can walk yes walk to the homestead Speedway(FL) i live right there. so what makes you think i didnt go to the track. but anyways it stopped accelerating in 6 gear around 3-4 rpm i dont remember. ill post picks the next time i go. also this guy tolled me just to get a high performance chip because turning the governor speed control switch of will turn on the engine check light and if switch left off it can damage the engine.

I wouldnt settle for a chipped ECU/etc. just get a nice aftermarket tuning piggy back system. kpro, etc. would be fine that way you can actually work on tuning it for performance and turn of goveners, etc. if you have them.

No lie I Can walk yes walk to the homestead Speedway(FL) i live right there. so what makes you think i didnt go to the track.

B/C 90% of us honda owners are retarded and do sh*t like this on the highway.(been there, done that, learned the hard way)

And it sounds like your gov. is kicking in. I would get a good tunein program and get it tuned. Should solve your problem.

Archived