RACING CLUTCH

2000honda

well I thought it might be better then the one I have. If you didnt already know im in the middle of swapping my motor...and i have the clutch on the engine i took out. but dont have the right socket to take it off, so before i took it off i wanted to explore my options.

well I thought it might be better then the one I have. If you didnt already know im in the middle of swapping my motor...and i have the clutch on the engine i took out. but dont have the right socket to take it off, so before i took it off i wanted to explore my options.

What is swap, and #'s you are expecting out of it? How many miles on other clutch set up? Is the socket you are needing a 12 point 10MM?

same engine, d16y8, looking for better performance. quicker shifting, thinking about a short shifter, i got a cold air intake im gonna put in, and yeah thats exactly what i need.

same engine, d16y8, looking for better performance. quicker shifting, thinking about a short shifter, i got a cold air intake im gonna put in, and yeah thats exactly what i need.

Cold air intakes have been known to effect throttle response negitively! The shorter the distance of travel the more responsive it will be. Thats why you will see some people mount filter directly to TB! Is this just another used motor, or is it a completely rebuilt motor? Stock clutches are good for up to 200Hp I do believe? What clutch are you looking at?

yeah i was thinking im going to only use one of the tubes so that it will be shorter, then i wanted to get a short shifter so my shifts will be quicker..im thinkin my stock clutch will be fine...i mean my car only has 130hp. i just wanted to see if a new clutch would make a difference. its just another used motor(100,000miles) but the clutch didnt come with it so im using the one off my old motor (198,000)

yeah i was thinking im going to only use one of the tubes so that it will be shorter, then i wanted to get a short shifter so my shifts will be quicker..im thinkin my stock clutch will be fine...i mean my car only has 130hp. i just wanted to see if a new clutch would make a difference. its just another used motor(100,000miles) but the clutch didnt come with it so im using the one off my old motor (198,000)

The used clutch has 198K on it? If so dont use that! Why put a near 200K clutch in when you can get a Exedy stock replacement(better than stock really) for so cheap?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Acces...p3756.m14.l1318

Need throw out bearing too, which it does not show. In my experience it seems that the Honda throw out bearing is typically what fails! I bought my Exedy kit for my Del Slow for $215.00 with a Firenza light weight flywheel! Damn I miss my Sol! :( I bought it and had to replace clutch before I could even drive it took out clutch and bearing was shot, clutch disc was about the same as new one I put in! :crazy:

$170.00 not too bad, just add another $20.00 for TOB?? I would still rather have the Exedy!

yeah ill deff look into that. I just have to order some stuff from there anyways, i need a new splash guard so i dont hydro lock my engine lol but i appreciate all your help. if you look at my other post a lil ways down on the page ( NEEDED d16y8 ENGINE) I have pics up of my car and stuff and ill update it all when i have everything done!

yeah ill deff look into that. I just have to order some stuff from there anyways, i need a new splash guard so i dont hydro lock my engine lol but i appreciate all your help. if you look at my other post a lil ways down on the page ( NEEDED d16y8 ENGINE) I have pics up of my car and stuff and ill update it all when i have everything done!

What CAI are you going for?

i just recently got the exedy replacment clutch with 7lb fidanza flywheel in my d16z6 think i purchased the set from an ebay store (gripforce clutches) for $223 and i love it...it has a way nicer feel than stock and has better response would recomend it to anyone doing a basic bolt on set up

awesome. but i have a bomz racing cold air intake. nothin special

Throw away filter and buy a $30.00 K&N filter! Those other flow horribly!

i just recently got the exedy replacment clutch with 7lb fidanza flywheel in my d16z6 think i purchased the set from an ebay store (gripforce clutches) for $223 and i love it...it has a way nicer feel than stock and has better response would recomend it to anyone doing a basic bolt on set up

Exact set up I put in my Sol! Loved it! :thumbsup:

oh yeah i have one on the way actually haha, im pretty pumped i havent had my civic on the road for like 4 months...im goin crazy

Glad to hear it! Waiting on parts sucks! I have new tires and rims from Tire Rack in a UPS truck some where! Then I have Alpine Type R components on the way some where on a Fed X truck! For the car down below in my new Sig! :crazy:

oh yeah alpines are nice. i got a couple kicker comps in mine. except i havent been able to use them :sad: ill tell you what. there are too many wires in these foreign jobs haha

^^^ alpine type R's are badasss a friend of mine has those exact ones in the front with 2 type r 6x9's in the rear with a 12 in type r sub sounds soooo good very good clerity and hits hard he even has one of the newer alpine head units :drool:

Archived