B18C5 swap

White_Chocolate

I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX and I want to drop in a B18C5. Before I drop it in I will be chaning all the cams, pulleys, fuel rails, valve springs, pistons, and pretty much anything else that needs to be done to bullet proof it. When I get the engine installed I also want to through a turbo in there. Not sure exactally which one to get. Anyone have any ideas? And does anyone know what the highest I can put the turbo to without blowing up my engine.

You can obviously go 18G no problem. That's what I have. You can cruise 12psi all day on stock internals. You can also do a T3T4 Hybrid turbo if you so desire. That's becoming increasingly popular nowadays as well. If you do all the internals that you're talking about you should have no problem running a big turbo. HKS has a nice T4E turbo that's good for up to 500 hp. I personaly don't care for them but IHI does have a few turbos (RHF Series) you can look into and Greddy has mostly 18G's so if you want anything much bigger than that don't bother with them. There's a place called PSI Racing and they make turbos for a lot of stuff. They're a relativly small company and not many people have heard of them but they do make a good product as well.

I forgot! Innovative makes some pretty good turbo kits too. I've ordered about three for people and they like em.

Honestly, I think overall you'll be happier with an HKS T4 setup of some type. They have S, R, and E models. E would probably be your best bet!

Hey man, some people like forced induction. Most people I know the only reason they do all motor is for autocrossing. Maybe he's not an autocrosser!

thats not what im saying.

a b18c1 is a much better choice. it will cost less and make the same, if not more power than a b18c5.

edit: civicex95 boy beat me to it.

if he's going turbo...he should be going b18c1.

That is true! That is true!

It makes more power stock but the amount of internals and such aren't as widely available for it. So they you're kind of limited with that. Plus, don't fawk up a Type-R motor with a turbo! I'd love to have a bright yellow Type R!

if he's going turbo...he should be going b18c1.

That is true! That is true!

It makes more power stock but the amount of internals and such aren't as widely available for it. So they you're kind of limited with that. Plus, don't fawk up a Type-R motor with a turbo! I'd love to have a bright yellow Type R!

You keep going back on what you say.

Whay cause I was talking about turbo the I said all motor. That was before I paid any atention to the 5 at the end of the code. I saw it but for some reason I was thinking, honestly I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Anyways, I know I did. Way to pay attention. Thanks now maybe I can correct myself! Nope, not going to bother! Don't fawk with a Type R motor like that man!

Whay cause I was talking about turbo the I said all motor. That was before I paid any atention to the 5 at the end of the code. I saw it but for some reason I was thinking, honestly I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Anyways, I know I did. Way to pay attention. Thanks now maybe I can correct myself! Nope, not going to bother! Don't fawk with a Type R motor like that man!

So you didn't even look at the title? When I look at the title even quickly, I can distinguish the 5 from a 1. Try calling Lenscrafters, they can help you.

I owe no explination of anything to you. I said I messed up. You're going to drill in this forever cause now "you're better than me too!" :rolleyes:

So what was the point of that post? What you're doing now is called trolling.

I owe no explination of anything to you. I said I messed up. You're going to drill in this forever cause now "you're better than me too!"  :rolleyes:

What's the point of you waking up ever morning? What your doing now is called wasting precious oxygen!

I owe no explination of anything to you. I said I messed up. You're going to drill in this forever cause now "you're better than me too!"  :rolleyes:

What's the point of you waking up ever morning? What your doing now is called wasting precious oxygen!

Archived