WTB: Stock muffler

TS John

I am pretty sure I can get anything to work by cutting and welding properly, but yeah, I am looking for a stock muffler to replace the loud Skunk2 one I have on there now. And I don't wanna pay much. So if you wanna trade straight up, that's cool. Or if you wanna just sell me one that you've upgraded, that's cool too. Excellent condition is a must.

if you're piping is fine, you should look into getting the tanabe hyper medalion or apex'i world sport universal muffler. i <3 my tanabe.

The piping is the 2.5" stainless stuff that came with the full S2 setup, so I deffo wanna keep that... I would love a tanabe one but just don't have the money. Six months in France without a job bankrupted me even with help from my parents (and lots of it) and I'm about to leave for another three weeks and drive cross-country...

I think it's actually quite a nice sounding exhaust for the noise it makes. I just don't like them loud. But it's not raspy and not poppy at all. Plus the piping is real nice quality. So I wouldn't say S2 FTL but perhaps S2 NFM (not for me)...

The piping is the 2.5" stainless stuff that came with the full S2 setup, so I deffo wanna keep that... I would love a tanabe one but just don't have the money. Six months in France without a job bankrupted me even with help from my parents (and lots of it) and I'm about to leave for another three weeks and drive cross-country...

The universal runs around $200. I know it's not as cheap as an OEM, but it's better than the $400-600 the cat-back goes for...

Maybe I'll just keep my eyes peeled for a used one. I found a Tanabe axel-back on HT last summer for 100 but didn't need it back then. I bet I could get one fairly cheap if I was patient about it... Trying to avoid paying too much since I spent 175 for the whole system so far.

Maybe I'll just keep my eyes peeled for a used one. I found a Tanabe axel-back on HT last summer for 100 but didn't need it back then. I bet I could get one fairly cheap if I was patient about it... Trying to avoid paying too much since I spent 175 for the whole system so far.

Just remember to get the Hyper Medalion :p lol

That turbo oem muffler looks wicked nice. I want it.

Ashley, I had read that the medallion touring was actually the quietest. Have you heard that in person to compare to yours?

That turbo oem muffler looks wicked nice. I want it.

Ashley, I had read that the medallion touring was actually the quietest. Have you heard that in person to compare to yours?

Whole catback 2 1\4" piping, 20" resonator, and Magnaflow tip for $180.00 out the door! Sounded great!!!! :thumbsup:

Nope, can't say that I have. I couldn't be happier with mine, though, and most everyone I know loves it as well lol.

Where did you get the muffler. I will order one when I have money and install myself... Details?

Go to local exhaust shop! I think muffler is like $60 and $20 for labor and hangers :thumbsup:

Archived