Window Motor & Regulator

fubar

1994 Honda Del Sol SI

I do not know if the problem is a bad window motor or a bad window regulator (maybe both).

When I attempt to raise the passenger window, it starts to go up at a little slower than normal speed. Halfway up, the window slows even further for a few seconds, then speeds up, reaching the top limit. I do not hear any unusual noises.

This morning, the window stopped halfway up. I grabbed it from the top, while activating the switch, enough for the window to continue rising.

How much of a pain is it to remove the door paneling, and (if I have to) remove the regulator &/or motor?

What is involved in removing the door panel?

(This is my 1st Del Sol.)

1994 Honda Del Sol SI

I do not know if the problem is a bad window motor or a bad window regulator (maybe both).

When I attempt to raise the passenger window, it starts to go up at a little slower than normal speed. Halfway up, the window slows even further for a few seconds, then speeds up, reaching the top limit. I do not hear any unusual noises.

This morning, the window stopped halfway up. I grabbed it from the top, while activating the switch, enough for the window to continue rising.

How much of a pain is it to remove the door paneling, and (if I have to) remove the regulator &/or motor?

What is involved in removing the door panel?

(This is my 1st Del Sol.)

dont know what would be wrong with the window but this is what i used to take off the door panel in my sol and it worked for me. fyi the dool panel is easy to remove and reinstall...

There is a screw up by the dash board, take that out . there is also another screw by the handle were u would close the door with, take that out. Then there is poppers all along the sides and bottom just pop them out and then the panel should be free. push the panel up not towards u and it should pop right off. Don't forget to disconnect the wires and door handle cable before you pull it all the way off so they aren't damaged. (they will be easy to see when you have it lose.

or

theres a small screw where the door handle is. once you remove this, just slide the handle out. another one below it on the handle that you pull the door closed with (theres a round tab you pull out to get to it, and need a long screw driver for this). and then theres another one on the top left sort of where the door meets the fender. the rest are just tabs.

your window motor is going bad, it doest have enough power to lift the window up and it gets stuck in spots where there is a little friction.

on my car its remove the screws holding the speaker and door panel in place, remove screws in door arm rest, and inside of the plastic piece around the lock and handle, then carfully pop it off its plastci clips and lift up. be very careful because the plastic will be old and brittle. oh and your window motor is going bad, it doest have enough power to lift the window up and it gets stuck in spots where there is a little friction.

dont know what would be wrong with the window but this is what i used to take off the door panel in my sol and it worked for me. fyi the dool panel is easy to remove and reinstall...

There is a screw up by the dash board, take that out . there is also another screw by the handle were u would close the door with, take that out. Then there is poppers all along the sides and bottom just pop them out and then the panel should be free. push the panel up not towards u and it should pop right off. Don't forget to disconnect the wires and door handle cable before you pull it all the way off so they aren't damaged. (they will be easy to see when you have it lose.

or

theres a small screw where the door handle is. once you remove this, just slide the handle out. another one below it on the handle that you pull the door closed with (theres a round tab you pull out to get to it, and need a long screw driver for this). and then theres another one on the top left sort of where the door meets the fender. the rest are just tabs.

Everyone, thanks for the advice.

How do you remove the motor?

Do you have to remove the regulator to remove the motor?

the motor is bolted to the regulator so yes you have to take the regulator out in order to get to the motor. the motor is pretty small, solid looking little oval thing, about half the size of a soda can, usually grey or black. when you take out your regulator there might be a spring that puts tension on the regulator, make sure you find a way to safely decompress it when you take the motor off because it will pring open on you and leave some nice bruises.

the motor is bolted to the regulator so yes you have to take the regulator out in order to get to the motor. the motor is pretty small, solid looking little oval thing, about half the size of a soda can, usually grey or black. when you take out your regulator there might be a spring that puts tension on the regulator, make sure you find a way to safely decompress it when you take the motor off because it will pring open on you and leave some nice bruises.

Well, as it turns out, I don't need a new window regulator OR motor.

(At least, I don't need one RIGHT NOW.)

All I did was spray some WD-40 into the railing that the window runs in, and presto, the window goes up and down with no problem.

I appreciate all of the advice. I sure am glad that I didn't have to tear into the door.

Archived