Megan Racing Coil Over Damper (Near New)

Don Pisto

Hey everyone, I am being forced to sell my Megan Racing Coil Over Damper kit for '98 - '02 Honda Accords and '99 - '02 Acura CL/TL models. I got into in accident about a month ago and the cost to repair the vehicle exceeded the value. The AAA rep told me I should get a good amount for my suspension since I have receipts for it but they ended up giving me hardly anything. I came to an agreement with them and they are allowing the shop that installed (also a dealer of Megan Racing) to swap it for the stock suspension.

I have no use for this since I have a new vehicle now. I do have receipts for it and I paid $950 + taxes and labor on it, so about $1,030 with taxes (not going to include labor since it's a sunk cost). I bought it in April of this year I believe, I'll have to verify. It was used a month or two at MAX. It will be pulled out in a couple of days and will be in great condition. The only cosmetic damage will be to one of the adjusting knobs for the front right which got scraped by the hood. I will take pictures of the actual suspension and a close-up of the damage I just mentioned once it gets pulled out. In the meantime, here is a link to its specs and pics: http://www.meganracing.com/products/produc...73&catid=93

I'm asking $600 locally. I do not mind shipping (but will have to charge for that) and it will come in the original box. I have all the documents, manuals, and the special tool required to adjust the height as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you know anyone interested, send them my way as I need to get rid of this since it will be taking up space in my garage and I could use it towards a payment on my new vehicle.

Edit: I have not done any transactions here but I have done MANY on several car audio forums such as www.caraudio.com, www.realmofexcursion.com, www.icixsound.com, www.diymobileaudio.com, and a couple others, all under the username "donpisto". My ebay username is changitokitty and I have good feedback there as well. I can provide references from the above-mentioned forums upon request.

The suspension was bought and installed on 4/21/08 and I got into the accident on 5/23/08, so that's a couple days over 1 full month I had the suspension. It has approximately 1,200 miles on it.

I just got the suspension and I want to make a quick sale. Thus, I'm asking $600 for the entire suspension that is nearly new. I'll be taking pictures later this evening or tomorrow and they are in great condition, they did not get damaged during the accident (except slightly cosmetically as I stated previously).

*EDIT: Original thread edited to lower price from 800 to 600

UPDATE: The knob I mentioned earlier being scratched is actually fine. It was sound deadener from my hood that got rubbed on it and I rubbed it off with my thumb. I had the shop that installed it also uninstall it and they said it's in great condition and was not damaged at all.

Here are some pics.

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

IMG_2665.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

(this picture, the one on the right, is the one knob i was talking about, I did a brief cleaning with my thumb but will do a thorough job even though most of it is off...you can tell it's not scratched or anything)

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

Only two scratches I see.

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived