Acura Overheatig Problem

I got radiator leak and put "Radiator Stop Leak" in the radiator. After some time my car started overheating. I replaced my radiator, thermostat and water pump, but the problem is still there. While changing water pump I saw Stop leak clogged many of the circulations and cleaned where ever possible. I already drained my cooling system 4 times, but it still overheats. I am sure there’s no blown head gasket, its just clogging in cooling system/engine. So is there any solution which can remove the stop leak clogging. I know there are some liquids available in the market which are not effective. I saw one posting by GM Dealer to clean cooling system. It was old posting so not sure the solution to clean cooling system is still available in market and it is effective for Stop Leak clogging also. Please suggest any solution…

Following is the link for GM dealer solution, I put in 2 lines as it was giving error so please combine it

http://www.geocities.

com/b_gillie/TSB990602012.htm

Sorry for multiple threads, actually it was giving error while posting thread. So I tried more than once and when I got successful message and returned to discussion I saw it posted all the attempts.

So is it possible that engine can also be clogged with stop leak. Someone was saying abt pressure cleaning whats that?? Some mechanics says replace coolent untill it gets better.

I put 2 bottles of BARS stop leak in radiator. I am getting my coolent color changed every time I flush my cooling system. Is there anything else which can cause coolent color change like bad headgasket or broken head?? I am running my car without thermostat now and it doesn't overheat 15/20 min drive but after long drive when i stop car it starts overheating and overflow coolent. There's no coolent loss or any type of oil/coolant mixup. Someone told it can be due to exhaust gases coming in radiator. Please suggest what else could be the problem??

• 4 weeks later...

i would completely tear apart your cooling system and find out exactly what needs replaced. radiator stop leak is garbage, and u shouldn't ever double up. i'd buy a new/used radiator also. u can check junk yards if you're short on funds.

buy this stuff called engine flush u can get it at any advanced auto/autozone/napa wateva store you prefer run that stuff threw i ran into a problem like yours with my 92 accord but after i ran that stuff through change the coolant again and it should be fine it worked for me do it should work for you

Archived