ZC Idle Issues

ZCrxSiR

Of course i had the up and down idleing problem so i did the usual ,cleaned out the eacv switched throttle bodies so i know i would have a good tps and bled any air out of the lines ,along with checking the throttle cable for binds and making sure it wasnt part of the problem, well that seemed to fix it, was idleing great for about 5 mins then it started again up and down and driving me crazy, took the eacv off and replaced with a known working unit, same thing no luck, took the throttle body off cleaned it up real good and put it back , double checked all vacume lines for leaks, bled the lines again and after all that it still 2500 rpm to 1000 up and down, and the ecu is throwing no codes, So i decided that i def had a leaking intake manifold gasket so i changed the gasket ,first time i used 2 gaskets(doubled them up) just incase the intake was warped i wanted it to seal. start the car idle ,it now idles at 3000 and wont budge no matter what i adjust, so i take the whole top end appart by now im pissed. i redid all top end gaskets, changed all rubber bushings on the injectors, and replaced the intake gasket with a nice expensive one , new pcv and vacume lines , and after all is done and im sure everything is right(no ECU codes) i start it and bam idle stuck at 3000 and i cant get it to come down ,idle screw on tb does very little thats how i got it down to 3000, unplugging the tps has no affect, but if you unplug the eacv of course it wont rev or anything but the idle will drop to like 800 and go up and down real fast like from 1000 to 800 rpm, i went over the intake carefully while it was off and cant find any cracks in it and i know that the gasket is fine

am i missing something stupid, PLEASE everyone chime in on this one , If u have an idea then lets have it!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course i had the up and down idleing problem so i did the usual ,cleaned out the eacv switched throttle bodies so i know i would have a good tps and bled any air out of the lines ,along with checking the throttle cable for binds and making sure it wasnt part of the problem, well that seemed to fix it, was idleing great for about 5 mins then it started again up and down and driving me crazy, took the eacv off and replaced with a known working unit, same thing no luck, took the throttle body off cleaned it up real good and put it back , double checked all vacume lines for leaks, bled the lines again and after all that it still 2500 rpm to 1000 up and down, and the ecu is throwing no codes, So i decided that i def had a leaking intake manifold gasket so i changed the gasket ,first time i used 2 gaskets(doubled them up) just incase the intake was warped i wanted it to seal. start the car idle ,it now idles at 3000 and wont budge no matter what i adjust, so i take the whole top end appart by now im pissed. i redid all top end gaskets, changed all rubber bushings on the injectors, and replaced the intake gasket with a nice expensive one , new pcv and vacume lines , and after all is done and im sure everything is right(no ECU codes) i start it and bam idle stuck at 3000 and i cant get it to come down ,idle screw on tb does very little thats how i got it down to 3000, unplugging the tps has no affect, but if you unplug the eacv of course it wont rev or anything but the idle will drop to like 800 and go up and down real fast like from 1000 to 800 rpm, i went over the intake carefully while it was off and cant find any cracks in it and i know that the gasket is fine

am i missing something stupid, PLEASE everyone chime in on this one , If u have an idea then lets have it!!!!!!!!!!!

what intake manifold do you have?

sounds like maybe you have plugs on wrong sensors. maybe TPS and map mixed? somin. the original problem might have been the FITV leaking.

sounds like maybe you have plugs on wrong sensors. maybe TPS and map mixed? somin. the original problem might have been the FITV leaking.

Well i wound up tearing the whole top end apart just so i dodnt miss anything and apon close inspection of the throttle body i had taken off ,somehow a small pebble had gotten hung in the spring on the underside of the throttle body appearetly holding the throttle open just a tiny bit (took me 4 days to find it!!) ,, But the original prob was a nasty eacv i cleaned it well but it still wouldnt close ,my fix to this was just to cover the hole just inside the tb with my finger until i couldnt feel any vacume that seemed to free up the valve. everything is fine now! car idles perfect!

but is still noisy due to the dumbasses at the machine shop that overturned the rod journals on my crank at 1 & 2, now its chewing the bearings up, at first i thought my rockers where just geting worn out (i wish) so guess ill get out there today and tear the engine back out and put a crank and some bearings in. If it werent for bad luck id have none lol!

Archived