1987 Honda crx questions

hondakid360

Okay, so I'm thinking of getting a 1987 Honda crx with the 1.5 liter and is fueled by a carberator. So I was wanting to do some performance and exterior upgrades, but all I find are things for like 1988 and up. Whats with that??? Is there a site someone could direct me to or give me and info on how to do a cold air intake on a cold air intake for a carberator for a 1987 crx. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

-Colten

Best bet would be to stay away from the carb'd CRX's and go with something different. You can't find sh*t for them to make them faster performance wise not to mention they aren't really THAT visually appealing..

Yea, and so do 90% of the other cheaply priced yet still in good shape EFI CRX's and EF Civic's in the nation.

Oh, and you can actually MODIFY those .. Even make them look halfway decent.

No but, it's your money and if you want to buy something that you can't do anything with; then have at it. No one here is stopping you.

i have an 87 i would like to part out. i have the 1.5 fuel injected motor i swaped it from the carborated one. i have a cold air and a moroso oil pan that about it for the motor but i have all the suspention parts you could want the majority of the parts are from light speed. there is some tranny work done to if you want more info the best way to reach me is to call 920-707-0455

Well. I think I'm just gonna forget about the crx or I'm gonna buy it, do some little repairs cause the alternator is out and the guy doesn't know anything about cars and it putting it at a low price. So I'm gonna make some money and do something else. It probably wont be a honda so, if the administrator wants to, he can delete this profile and I decide to get a Honda later, I'll just join up again.

If you want to buy it for economy by all means, have at it as for just .. working it over into a FUN car .. that's substantially harder as it's carbureted.

yeah, so it's like this. Get the crx and wont be able to do anything performance wise unless I want to do a engine swap... or get crx, sell it and make money and find another car or make money off the crx and buy performance parts for my truck...I guess I'll just keep on looking and if I get a call back from the guy, I will go buy it and then my little things and sell it.

yeah, so it's like this. Get the crx and wont be able to do anything performance wise unless I want to do a engine swap... or get crx, sell it and make money and find another car or make money off the crx and buy performance parts for my truck...I guess I'll just keep on looking and if I get a call back from the guy, I will go buy it and then my little things and sell it.

Hell, id get it for that price and just use it as my daily beater not to beat up my other engine, and those things get awesome gas mileage

Well, I picked up the crx last night. Loving it already. Thing that made me even happier was when I went to the gas station cause it was on E when I got it. Put in $20 and it went a little under 3/4. Love it. My parents expodition take over $75 and that's not even filling the whole thing(cause the gas machines stop at $75) I'll have to post some pics of it tomorrow.

Archived