Gauges

CelticRacer

ok, so i bought a set of glowing gauges to replace the stock ones, i have everything wired but they still wont light up. i think it has to do with the power being put to them.

does anyone have any experiance with this? any help you can offer would be much apprecited...

did you follow the instructions?

also, is there a little knob on the gauges that you can adjust to make them dimmer or brighter, if there is, you might wanna check that.

did you follow the instructions?

also, is there a little knob on the gauges that you can adjust to make them dimmer or brighter, if there is, you might wanna check that.

1. it didnt come with instructions.

2. i know about the knob. but still doesnt do anything

my question is more about what power source did you connect to?

1. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO REMOVE GAUGE CLUSTER HERE

2. Pop the knobs off, just a little hard tug should do it

3. There are a Four clips on the top of the gauge cluster, Remove those

4. Pop the plastic shield off.

5. Remove the top metal bracket that holds the cluster to the dash by removing 2 screws.

6. Pop the other plastic piece off with a flat head screwdriver

7. Now you should be left with just the cluster and the black (if not already painted) cluster cover, remove it

8. Now you're down to the gauges! Place your indiglo gauges in, and be careful about the wiring, I had to bend it a little to get it in and set right. I used electric tape to hold the indiglo's on.. (so it does not slip around in the cluster after install)

9. Place tape over the clear area's of the indiglo.. not on the indiglo itself

10. Place the gauge cover back in, then reverse the cluster removal procedure

11.WIRING THE GAUGES: I wired mine direct to the gauge cluster. This was when my gauge goes on my indiglo's too. I did this by placing the ground (black wire) under a bolt connected to the frame the hot wire (red) I placed in the fuse spot for the gauge cluster (removed fuse wrapped wire around metal of the fuse then replaced fuse) now just set the control where you want it and you are done!

NOTE: Make sure before you place the cluster back in.. wire it up first and test it out.

thats the writeup from teamdelsol.com you might want to look into that

11.WIRING THE GAUGES: I wired mine direct to the gauge cluster. This was when my gauge goes on my indiglo's too. I did this by placing the ground (black wire) under a bolt connected to the frame the hot wire (red) I placed in the fuse spot for the gauge cluster (removed fuse wrapped wire around metal of the fuse then replaced fuse) now just set the control where you want it and you are done!

do you happen to have a pic or anything of where you are putting the red wire in the gauges? thats the only part that i dont get...

...he just ran the wire to the fuse for the gauges, which is under the dash on the left side.

That's what I said.

...I would recommend utilizing the power source for the instrument cluster lighting.

you could also just run the red wire to the battery and get an inline fuse. but going to the fusebox is probably easier

the red wire that it came with is only long enough to make it to the fuse box so the battery is really out of the question without getting more wire...

do you happen to have a pic or anything of where you are putting the red wire in the gauges? thats the only part that i dont get...

yeah, i am going to try to wire it to the fuse box. how would i go about doing that though?

Archived