'98 accord stuff fit my car??

Tubbith

So, as anyone who has been paying attention knows, i have a '98 acura 3.0 CL... I was wondering if the '98 accord(one with the j30) parts would be what i need to order. I dont plan on doing a lot to my car, but i will probably end up wanting to do something... so im just trying to figure out what parts to order since there isnt much for the 3.0 CL..

...so im just trying to figure out what parts to order since there isnt much for the 3.0 CL..

Wrong!

GTRED_M.jpg

Brembo had a high performance brake upgrade kit (P/Ns: 111.6011A (cross-drilled), 112.6011A (slotted)), but the peices to that kit are still available.

If you try to order the kit, you may be told that it has been discontinued, this is sorta true if you want to get all technical about it.

I contacted the Brembo Performance Division in November 2007 and got all the part numbers for the each peice of the kit, but have since deleted that email. Brembo supposedly no longer sells the parts together as a kit, hence the deleted part number, even though they still display it on their website here.

Brembo Caliper P/N: family_1

Brembo Left Rotor P/N: 91.1033L

Brembo Right Rotor P/N: 91.1033R

Brembo Pads Kit P/N: 107.5146.31

Brembo Brake Hose Kit P/N: 903542

Note: the clearance guide does not have an "A" measurement since our pistons face outward.

I spoke with the Brembo Performance Division after SEMA (I think I spoke to Dan?) and he seemed confused as to why the IT people had not removed the 3.0 CL link from their website; but he confirmed that all the peices to the kit were available seperately. In fact, he was willing to peice the kit together and supply it as a one-off through my local distributer. I was interested in the parts since most of your brake components can be swaped onto my hub.

Having said that, I would guess since your hub can fit my CV Axle, knuckle assembly, etc. and since the 1G Lengend calipers will fit my knuckle assembly; you should be able to swap in the two piston calipers from the 1G Lengend. There are few links on where to source the parts, but it should be really cheap and fun.

So (okay, I am rambling), here is the run down on the brakes: you can spend $1,500 on brand new multi-piston (I forget how many) Brembo calipers, spend ~$200 at the bone yard on Honda OEM twin-piston calipers, or stick with your current mono-piston calipers and use your money elsewhere.

If you are thinking of using forced induction, don't let anyone tell you the car doesn't have enough space under the hood. I have seen turbo C27 Accords, and our engine bays (1997 Accord V6 and 1998 3.0 CL) are very similar in size, but the J30 engine is smaller than my 90º V-6 block, so there should be plenty of room. The J30 turbo parts for the 1998 Accord are made with the idea that they will go into the spaceous 1998 Accord engine bay, so you may have to be creative when comes to sourcing the parts. Neverthoughless, you have enough room, and not in the "if you have enough money you can make it fit" sense.

Edit: the part numbers above is the listing for the cross-drilled kit, hence the rotor part numbers are for cross-drilled rotors. The slotted kit is similar with the exception of the part numbers for the rotors.

Archived