Ultimate engine to turbo?

Cazem

I'm considering putting togther a bit of a beasty, and was wondering what engine would best suit to be turboed. I been reading up a bit and it seems the b18c1 is the way to go due to compression however i have some conflicting stats as far as its ratio, it doesnt seem all that much difference from the c18c5. I guess my question is what would you guys suggest to be the best engine to setup with a turbo? assuming money is no object of course.

the B18B *LS INTEGRA* is the BEst Honda mOtor to Turbo it has lower compression and has NO vtec to deal with *which is GOOD when boosting*

Hey stunna, You know VTEC is actually good for boosted cars? Quit talking out of your ass.

the B18B *LS INTEGRA* is the BEst Honda mOtor to Turbo it has lower compression and has NO vtec to deal with *which is GOOD when boosting*

Hey stunna, You know VTEC is actually good for boosted cars? Quit talking out of your ass.

Is it? Then why do they have such a high failure rate? Yeah they run great for a while but then they're crap. At least that's what I've heard from people that go to school for this crap but I'm wrong you're right. Right?

So quit talkin gout of your ass BIATCH!

Is it? Then why do they have such a high failure rate? Yeah they run great for a while but then they're crap. At least that's what I've heard from people that go to school for this crap but I'm wrong you're right. Right?

So quit talkin gout of your ass BIATCH!

Have you ever heard of a thing called turbo lag? Well guess what, VTEC helps make up for it. The only reason they don't run good isbecause they are not properly built and maintained.

wait wait wait...i don't know much, but something doesn't sound right here, please clear this up for me.

vtec helps turbo lag? how? turbo lag happens in the lower rpm range correct? well, vtec doesn't kick in until up high in the rev range (5k+) unless its a I-VTEC. so then how could something that doesn't even kick in until turbo lag is cleared up help turbo lag?

i'm a little confused.

wait wait wait...i don't know much, but something doesn't sound right here, please clear this up for me.

vtec helps turbo lag? how? turbo lag happens in the lower rpm range correct? well, vtec doesn't kick in until up high in the rev range (5k+) unless its a I-VTEC. so then how could something that doesn't even kick in until turbo lag is cleared up help turbo lag?

i'm a little confused.

You lower the VTEC engagement point to a lower RPM, yet keep it high enough so you won't hit it in normal driving.

Yeah, that'll work. Until the VTEC blows. Turbo'd VTEC motors have a tendency to do that crap for some reason.

SSRX7 for being a punk bitch 16 year old with no car and bad lying skills you were right about something! Congrats!

VTEC can't blow.

The only reasons engines blow is becuase they are not built properly, not maintained, or something like a broken belt or missed shift. VTEC has nothing to do with it.

I have two cars right now not including the STS.

Archived