Suspension Advice for '02 Accord

I've mostly been into the audio scene for my Accord but as of late I've done some minor physical upgrades. It's time for new shocks and with the weight in my trunk, my car sags. My two batteries weigh 75 lbs each, sub weighs about 75 lbs as well, amps weight about 50 lbs, box, not quite too sure but I'd say maybe 50 lbs so I have around 400 lbs give or take in my trunk.

I may lower my car, maybe not, but the main thing I want to do is balance it out and I'm not too sure to go with. A friend of mine suggested going with Eibach Sport shocks and coil overs or Neuspeed. He told me to call up a good friend of his that he used to get parts from. I'm a complete noob, but the guy mentioned getting this kit: http://www.meganracing.com/products/produc...73&catid=93

The guy said he can do it for $1,100 installed, but I'm going to call around and see if there are other places that have the same kit and will sell cheaper. Seems like he's charging me retail, though over the phone he mentioned the kit goes for 1,200.

I'm wondering if this is what I would need or if it's going overboard. I want a good suspension, nothing that rides like jello, I'd like to balance the vehicle, and possibly lower. Would this be good to go with? Are there any other options I have. Any tips, suggestions, and comments will be much appreciated.

is the frame even ment to handle 400 lbs all the way in the back like that?

Depends what kind of subs and batteries you have, but I still doubt you have 400lbs in your trunk. Either way, I understand your back end hangs, just as mine does. So you'd want to make sure whatever you get is adjustable first of all. Megan racing is going to be expensive, but quality. So is Eibach.

You can get struts and springs seperately or you can get coilovers (a complete set). I personally had Koni yellow struts and eibach pro springs on my first civic, and the ride was great, and slightly lowered. The konis were adjustable as well. I was advised that Koni would be expensive, but well worth it.

Now I have Eibach coilovers, and there is no comparison. They ride a lot harder, but the handling is amazing. I feel like my tires are attatched to the pavement now.

So based on my experience, the Konis are very nice, and good ride quality, while the eibach coilovers are racing quality. Both were expensive.

If you want more opinions on other companies, you should be able to find a few good threads if you do a quick search in these forums.

Thanks for the response. I'm gonna go with the Megan Racing. Gonna get their coil over dampening kit with the strut bar, installed for $1,100. Plus when I go back after my system is done they will adjust the height at no charge.

My system will be about 400 lbs. Maybe around 350. My 18" TC 5200 which will be reconed to a custom 4hp weighs about 70 lbs, my two batteries (Odyssey PC 2150's) weigh 75 lbs each, my enclosure will weigh a fair amount, maybe 50 lbs, not sure, my amps (5 in total) will weigh a total of about 50 lbs. I might even throw in a spare tire. I guess its more in the lower to mid 300's, so it's still quite a bit of weight.

YEa, that's a lot more stuff than I would have thought.

My system is probably around 150 lbs total.

Anyways, keep us updated on the suspension. You can very easily adjust it yourself too. airjordan223 posted some pics in my thread about it. Click the link in my signature and look through there (bottom of page 5)

Archived