Clutch problems

2gboostedteg

Ok so when my buddie is leaving work tonight he goes out and starts his car to let it warm up, everything feels fine. Once he gets in his car to leave he pushes the pedal in to put it in gear, the pedal goes in fine then he heres a poping sound and then no pedal well it would not come back up and would not go in any gear. Now if he shuts it off he can put it in gear and when he starts it up in gear the car starts to move foward. The car is a 90 teg so we compared his clutch cable and pedal assembly to mine to see if we could notice a difference on the outside of the trans and we noticed that his cable has alot more play than mine so tommorow we are gonna drop the trans to check the clutch and throwout bearing and what not but if anyone has any adivce or and sort of help or has experienced this before and has a solution it would be very helpful, thanks.

Agreeded.. take as much slack out of the cable as you can, if it doesnt work after that, then drop the tranny and check stuff out...(why do something you dont have to)

Ok so when my buddie is leaving work tonight he goes out and starts his car to let it warm up, everything feels fine. Once he gets in his car to leave he pushes the pedal in to put it in gear, the pedal goes in fine then he heres a poping sound and then no pedal well it would not come back up and would not go in any gear. Now if he shuts it off he can put it in gear and when he starts it up in gear the car starts to move foward. The car is a 90 teg so we compared his clutch cable and pedal assembly to mine to see if we could notice a difference on the outside of the trans and we noticed that his cable has alot more play than mine so tommorow we are gonna drop the trans to check the clutch and throwout bearing and what not but if anyone has any adivce or and sort of help or has experienced this before and has a solution it would be very helpful, thanks.

Can't believe with what you've posted, nobody offered up the obvious. The clutch cable snapped.

Can't believe with what you've posted, nobody offered up the obvious. The clutch cable snapped.

Pretty sure what i said would have led to the discovery of this issue...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived