1999 Honda civic hatchback

Guido

Ive been looking for a Honda lately and found an ad for a 1999 Honda civic hatchback DX, with 77k miles,2-dr,4-cyl (im guesssing 127HP).Its and automatic,Powersteering, new tire,TW,looks great and rabble rabble rabble. with a new TYPE R paint job (no clue what that means). anyways what do u guys think of that? Its $5,799/OBO.

Also would like to know the exact specs on that civic so if anyone knows a site or just knows it please let me know.

Here's some specs for ya!

1.6 liter, 4-cylinder, 106-hp, Low-Emission Vehicle (LEV)-rated aluminum-alloy engine

Dual airbags (SRS)

50/50 split fold-down rear seatbacks

AM/FM stereo (DX)

Adjustable steering column

Rear window defroster with timer

I would rather find a vtec model. But, the price sounds good for a '99.

• 3 weeks later...
yup, hes right but the price is good u should get it and do some work on it. if u want vtec do the mini me swap, when u put the vtec head on your block u get about 130 horse

You're a dumbass. You won't gain 130hp.

haha...no. not even the real vtec's get 130hp. d16z6's have 125 and d16y8's have 127. there is no way you're going to have 130hp by doing a mini-me. you will have less than a z6. mini-me swaps are incredibly crapty and a waste of money. i have a friend with a lighter car than mine who's done the mini-me swap and i can walk all over him in every gear.

just do a full motor swap, the dx engine will never get you any good times at a track, and they won't get good results in any street race.

haha...no. not even the real vtec's get 130hp. d16z6's have 125 and d16y8's have 127. there is no way you're going to have 130hp by doing a mini-me. you will have less than a z6. mini-me swaps are incredibly crapty and a waste of money. i have a friend with a lighter car than mine who's done the mini-me swap and i can walk all over him in every gear.

just do a full motor swap, the dx engine will never get you any good times at a track, and they won't get good results in any street race.

Mini-me swaps will give you about 8 more hp.

thats a pretty good price.. ask why they painted it, it may have been in an accident. check under the hood for any imperfections, thats probably why they may have been painted it ... but other than that it sounds like a good idea.. :)

Archived